Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bipap Pressure Suggestions
RE: Bipap Pressure Suggestions
Well, like I said, it's complicated. Respiratory volumes are all about meeting metabolic needs, and individual's needs vary. If your respiratory volume was indicative of hypoventilation at lower pressure, the certainly increasing that volume would be a good thing. On the other hand, if higher pressure simply over-ventilates you, it means things may be out of balance and therefore you feel cloudy or foggy. That's probably a message your body is sending to you that is worth listening to. From a therapeutic point of view, I really don't see the need to crank up the pressure unless that is a respiratory objective.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep doctor prescribed me 11/16 originally and that wasn't working because I was still experiencing a 20+ AHI level every night so they then bumped up my inhale to 12 but that didn't seem to work either for me. I am too wondering if this could possibly help by increasing the pressure and messing with the settings but I am a little scared to do so aha.
Post Reply Post Reply
Villarst, many individuals have what we call a positional apnea, or apnea that is the result of obstructing the airway by their body position. This is often as simple as chin-tucking. We have a wiki that discusses it and shows examples of what this looks like in Oscar. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea This is very common, and may have been the reason higher pressure was ineffective at keeping your airway open.

Please start a new thread of your own where we can look at your results and deal with the issues that affect your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SO I Have been running VAuto with 6-10 and PS 3 over the past week or so. Basically keeping it between 9-10 IP as I was titrated at 9 in the sleep lab.

Is this waxy waving REM or is that showing that my breathing my not be up to par. 

I plan on keeping these settings unless suggested otherwise. While I still dont feel great, I am beginning to think making changes everynight wasnt allowing my body to get used to it.

Based on my breathing, should I make any adjustments? This is all last night that is attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your chart shows only 1 hypopnea and 1 OA.  These would seem to be positional or in transition.  Like you stated, let these settings ride for a while.  

I would recommend that you upgrade to OSCAR version 1.4.0 too.

If you wish, you can globally set the graph height to include more graphs in your screenshot.  The easy rule-of-thumb is to take the monitor's vertical resolution (usually 1080 pixels for newer ones) and divide the number of graphs you wish to display and add 1 to the number.  The "+1" is used to account for the borders and menus.  An example would be to show 7 graphs, you would divide the 1080 by 8 and get 135.  You then go to File > Preferences > Appearance and enter this value in the Graph Settings > Graph Height setting.  In the off chance you have a remainder in your pixel division, either round up or down accordingly.  You can always change it again if it doesn't fit your needs.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Fluctuating breathing volumes or periodic breathing pattern is common and generally follows an inbalance in CO2. You had a reduction in respiratory volume at 00:52 followed by recovery breathing or hyperventilation. There is just a little lag between the reduced breathing and consequent increase in CO2 which caused the hyperventilation, which over-corrected the CO2 buildup leading to another reduction in tidal volume for a few breaths. Nothing to worry about. AHI is excellent and the fact your pressure is just cruising along at in a very narrow range means you are probably very close to optimum settings. We know you tend to have more centrals if we over-ventilate with more PS or pressure, so I continue to believe you are where you need to be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I just cannot seem to get good results. I cursed along at 15/8 Vauto with PS 4 for a few weeks. I didnt feel great, but not terrible.

Recently I am back to waking up with my headaches, brain fog, struggle concentrating all day, almost like I am hungover. I have posted a better night from those settings as well as a night where I tried to add additonal PS.
At this point, I am not sure what to do. I feel like I am slowly dying. Any thoughts would help  Huh

Also experience arophegia (sounded it out haha) and remember my dreams at these settings.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your results at 7.0-16 PS 4 have no obstructive events, so you can reduce minimum EPAP pressure further if you choose. You were previously at 6-10 PS 3, so I don't know where the higher pressures came from. I'll suggest backing down to EPAP min 5.0 to see how it goes, and cap maximum pressure at 10.0 for your aerophagia, and just keep PS 4 for now. You clearly don't need PS 6.0 or higher pressure. Your results are excellent, and perhaps the lower pressure will be more restful. Less range on Vauto can result in less sleep disruption.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2023, 06:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your results at 7.0-16 PS 4 have no obstructive events, so you can reduce minimum EPAP pressure further if you choose.  You were previously at 6-10 PS 3, so I don't know where the higher pressures came from.  I'll suggest backing down to EPAP min 5.0 to see how it goes, and cap maximum pressure at 10.0 for your aerophagia, and just keep PS 4 for now.  You clearly don't need PS 6.0 or higher pressure.  Your results are excellent, and perhaps the lower pressure will be more restful.  Less range on Vauto can result in less sleep disruption.

Thanks SR,

I bump up the pressure because I was feeling terrible at 6-10 and reading through other posts someone suggest higher pressure helped their Uars. 

I was just throwing what i could at the wall to see if it would stick. At first, I did feel better, though admittedly still tired. Now I feel the same as before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

Posted last two nights at Max10/min5/PS4.

Still feeling the same. I still have these grassy spikes that I believe are arousals. Maybe I need to give it more time for my body to adjust.

Is there a way to increase tidal volume? Based on reading the wiki, mine seems low?

AHI is never my problem. No matter what pressure I am at 4-20 I will hardly go above 1.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV Settings -- looking for suggestions croc297 4 138 04-21-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 300 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,334 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 622 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 223 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 404 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,140 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.