Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bizzare Bi-Level Min. PS Number! Advice, please!
Bizzare Bi-Level Min. PS Number! Advice, please!
Hello,

Although I haven't been visiting the AF regularly,  I have been happily chugging along with my PR System One BiPap Auto SV Advanced machine with relatively low AHIs and good night sleeps for the past year (thanks to you all) - until this week.  Suddenly, I've been sleeping poorly and I noticed that not only was my AHI a 7.89 Friday night (for some reason, only an hour showed up on Sleepy Head) but my PS minimum level was -17.21 (minus 17.21). I had an even higher AHI the previous night along with a large leak  but apparently my machine didn't record it.

Has anyone ever seen this before, and if so, what do you think is going on?

Given the high H's (3.95, which didn't show up on the Event Flags) and the very low PS, does anyone have any suggestions on how I should adjust my settings? Thanks!!

[font=Arial][Image: KDS4ga8.png][/url]

[url=[Image: s5vfzwl.png]http://imgur.com/s5vfzwl]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bizzare Bi-Level Min. PS Number! Advice, please!
G'day Jeff. Welcome back.

It's no wonder you're not sleeping well - the machine is sucking all the air out of you! Shock

Seriously, I suspect this negative PS is probably a transient thing happening at startup or shut-down. It would be useful to see your pressure graph for the whole night and see where it goes wonky. As for the events not showing up, you have the flags turned off - look at the pop-up menu under the word "Snore". You can see that H shows red, meaning it won't be plotted on the chart. Open that menu and set the events you want (H, OA, CA, FL etc) to green.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm more inclined to believe this is one of many Sleepyhead bugs in the statistics. We can see the average EPAP at 8.9 and IPAP at 14.8 means you have an average PS of +4.9, and often higher. The median, 95% and max PS all appear to be correctly reported. I would personally ignore this result, an consider putting the data in Encore to compare. The number of OA suggests a nee for a higher EPAP, and you might consider trying 9.5 EPAP min.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Sleeprider.  Will do!

jeffo1
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the suggestion.  I changed the flags on Sleepy Head. 
Best, 
Jeffo1
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  traveling from sea level to SLC eok361 2 72 04-16-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 173 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,536 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 328 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 464 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 289 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 1,027 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.