Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bleep Eclipse DME Provider
Bleep Eclipse DME Provider
Hey folks,

I know a couple of people on here are using Bleep products and I was curious... has anyone been able to successfully use insurance to get Bleep Eclipse supplies? I just got off the phone with my DME provider and they had never heard of Bleep and confirmed that they do not carry that product and could not provide me any supplies and bill my insurance.

The Bleep products I've bought so far have been out of pocket but I was hoping to start utilizing my insurance for this. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bleep Eclipse DME Provider
I understand AeroFlow out of NC will bill insurance and that they will be carrying the Eclipse in the next month or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my three month supply of the bleep eclipse this morning from Aeroflow.  It was billed through Medicare.  Tonight will be an experiment to see how I like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do let us know how you like Aeroflow and BLEEP. Like many, my DME (Apnix) has a limited selection of XPAP products (primarily only ResMed) and has never heard of Brevida (my current best mask but still looking) or BLEEP. Apnix handles my Medicare insurance smoothly but I'm ending up paying a lot out-of-pocket looking for a better mask, as well as buying secondary stuff like chin straps. I want to find a decent online DME that works with Medicare and has a wide selection. Online, AeroFlow's selection looks great...but service is critical. I'm interested in trying BLEEP and maybe TAP (I'm struggling with the headgear...among other things). Looking forward to hearing about your experience!!

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as Aeroflow they seem to be ok, it took about a week to receive my bleep eclipse supplies.  Wore it last night for the first time.  Overall it wasn’t a bad night. It will take sometime to master putting on the halos.  My ahi was 0.00 and leak rate was 4l/m.  I felt an annoying tugging on the mask but resolved it when I gave the tubing some slack.  When I used the dreamports there was no noise at all.. silent.  With the eclipse I did hear noise in inhalation.  I think it might have to do with the placement of the adhesive.  Overall I slept well.  I will try tonight to trim the halos a bit and will report back my results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know that Aeroflow is pretty good as they seem to be one of the only options if you are trying to get insurance to pay for your Bleep supplies. Aeroflow has some bad reviews online. Funny enough though, my current DME also has some a lot of bad reviews but I haven't had any issues with them (outside of them not carrying the Bleep Eclipse).

I too found that I could hear noise during inhalation. I found that hose management may be playing a role there. Try to avoid any sharp bends in the hose that is attached to the Bleep mask and see if that might help. When I did that I noticed I could barely hear any noise. I'm sure Stuart could provide some suggestions as well if you email him.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I think I will reach out to him.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has Bleep caught up on all pre-orders etc now, and are readily shipping?

I cant get any Bleep products as my DME provider is Apria and they are not stocking them. I'm very interested in trying the Bleep Eclipse and might just pay cash for one.  But wondering if they are now caught up on orders and shipments?
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered a three-month kit today from the first supplier listed under "where to buy" on the Bleep website, and it shipped same day.
Post Reply Post Reply
BostonSnow, you can switch to any DME you like. I dumped my first one because they would not order the Bleep. I get mine from Aeroflow with no problems.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 977 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help with pressure change using Bleep Kathy14225 17 1,181 12-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.