Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bluesv6 - Therapy Thread
RE: Clear airway
Thanks making progress ! I got a email my package is in the city ! Hoping the chinstrap works and it fits . Will update here ! One thing  I know will look sexy for my wife Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Opal Rose ! 

Was thinking too with EPR most likely will have to bump up to 2 where it was In trial . Ramp is on for ten minutes , the clinic set the ramp at 5 . Didn't think of adjusting min start pressure . Will leave at epr 1 tonight ,change ramp time and Friday go back epr of 1 . Truly appreciate your advice and suggestions .
Post Reply Post Reply

So yesterday my knightsbridge chinstrap showed up and a nuance pro gel mask .  Besides my dog waking me up and being difficult i ended up getting up . My leak rate is essentially zero . One spike at around 230 where i turned my cpap back on and spiked when ramp shut off . My numbers imporved and despite some interuptions feel pretty good . Had some minor headache .  Going to run epr at 1 and chnage back to 2 .

The chin strap works pretty good but has some issues but got good success 

thanks for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice work fixing those leaks! I also got the chin strap and tried it on for fitment, making my girlfriend burst out with laughter. Certainly looks weird but hey if it works! Going to try it out tonight. I've noticed it wants to slide forward on my head over my eyebrows. Did you find the same? I think I might be making the main straps too tight...
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome she laughed , my girl chuckled and asked me if I was going swimming .

You should be able to tighten it as much as you want and shouldn't move . I'd ensure the back strap is tight .

I could have ordered a smaller cap and think you'res might be too big as well . The instructions say measure just above eyebrows . I was in between size and went to xl . If measuring above eyebrows then feel should sit same place .

Too much too sleep apnea lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Bluesv6,
Despite the doggy interruption, Smile your chart chart look really good.

Did you have any trouble adapting to ramp at 7 cm ? Eventually, you probably won't need it.

There is still some FL, but nothing major if you are not bothered by it. Continue with EPR 1 or 2, whichever feels best.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Opal Rose 

The ramp adjustment was a little bit challenging , kind of like I was starting cpap again . But concentrated and literally 2 minutes after I had to check my mask and make sure air was getting. Pumped to my mask .

The clear air ways I'm good with them under one .
It's more so scary when you open Oscar zoom in the graphs and see you aren't breathing.  But after some research here and google finding clear airways kind of normal to a certain point. 

I am going to run at one epr for a bit and see if they CA events remain stable.  Then slowly phase of ramp . 

Thanks for everyones help ! Sure will
Post Reply Post Reply

So I have been getting some rest ! especially thanks to this forum ! The issue id like to resolve is waking up . Usually i sleep any where from 2.5 and if im lucky a 4 hour shift . Usually once   will get up use the washroom just cause im awake and trying to get away of routine of bathroom breaks to pee .  before treatment id use tow washroom 2 to 3 times a night and now its more like a routine . 

Last night i slept till a little before 2 can see the mask break , went back to sleep pretty quick and had a good sleep ! I had some higher pressures last night and flow limits . As well as some RE events which i dont think i have ever had , small percent .  There is a cluster of CA events but was also when waking up and was kind of restless so think holding breathe rolling what not 

Currently have epr at one , breathing seems easier at 1 more enjoyable . I adjusted ramp pressure up twice and then turned it off .  Now i dont even miss it . I find id be drifting off to sleep ramp would shut off and would take me longer to wake up . 

All and all Id love to get more than waking up at 2 am . I feel pretty good and rested .Wondering if adjusting EPR back to  2 ? or adjust anything else ?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention too above in the post I deal with anxiety and was diagnosed a few years ago . Between the anxiety and undiagnosed sleep apnea my sleep was poor . My dr advised me to take melatonin. I stopped taking melatonin since Jan as read can make apneas worse .

So unsure if waking up due to cpap machine settings , adjusting to cpap , or just poor sleep unrelated to cpap . Sorry for the double replies
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe flow limitation was driving the pressure up during the first part of the night, but I can't see the FL graph, so not real sure. I noticed the Reras too. They can be just as disruptive to sleep as any apnea. EPR may help with that, but may also raise your CA's.

It looks pretty good otherwise.

When posting a chart, we really need to see the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate,
Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leaks Rate. Include all the stats on the left sidebar, minus the calendar and pie chart. When taking a Screenshot, choose the Standard View.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,348 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.