Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bluish Drips on Pillowcase Mystery
Bluish Drips on Pillowcase Mystery
I'm sure there's a simple explanation but so far it's eluded me. I use a nasal piillow mask (Aloha) and find these bluish/purple drip-like stains on my pillowcase. It's right where my exhaust from mask would be as I sleep on the left side. Other discussions mention a bleeding of the dye in the headgear, which sounds logical at first. These marks are like a drip or spatter rather than an imprint of the headgear however. There's nothing coming out of my sinuses like that, and no residue in the mask. It has even dripped/run down the side of the bedsheet and stained it.

Has anyone else run into this? Any wisdom is welcome!

John

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bluish Drips on Pillowcase Mystery
IMHO IMMEDIATELY STOP USING YOUR MACHINE!!!!!

My guess is it is foam breakdown material. The color could be dye from the foam. In ANY case you are inhaling it!!!

Machine history please. Specifically make model#, Hrs use, cleaning routine, Any Ozone or UV cleaners, was it new or used originally.

Do you have another machine available to you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks much Gideon. I suspect the same as these are from when I was using the recalled Dreamstation1.
I have since stopped using the DS1 and purchased a DS2 after the recall. I'm hoping that has stopped it.
I'm thinking of having the pillowcases analyzed to see what exactly it is. It won't wash out.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
OMG that's crazy!!   Sorry you had that experience
Post Reply Post Reply
There were some masks a few years ago that had a gel filling that had a leaking problem. Of course, I just hit the limit of my memory on which ones they are/were.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it is worth I have also noticed a few similar spots on my pillowcase on the side I would normally sleep on as a side sleeper. They wouldn't wash out but did get somewhat less noticeable as a result of washing. I use a Res Med machine so hardly likely this is a result of foam breakdown. I use the P30i mask and I suspected this must be some sort of nasal drip but can't confirm.
Post Reply Post Reply
I assume it is not hair gel and is coming from your CPAP system. On that basis I maintain my original recommendation to stop using that system as nothing close to that should be coming from your system. That is unless you are a blue blooded alien.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 567 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mystery Awakenings With BiPap SBDhelp 13 1,268 10-25-2022, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SBDhelp
  Mystery Machine napoplexy 10 1,871 09-26-2022, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,585 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio
Question CPAP Mystery CotswoldSleeper 8 1,310 09-02-2020, 02:08 AM
Last Post: CotswoldSleeper
Question Grit in humidifier tub No clue as to cause - Mystery solved Grandpapa-G 9 2,498 01-22-2020, 06:39 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  mystery continues: initial burst of AHIs first hour of sleep renoir 17 2,274 01-01-2020, 03:52 AM
Last Post: renoir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.