Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR deleting part of data
OSCAR deleting part of data
I am using OSCAR (and before sleepyhead) for several years. Therefore the data directory of OSCAR on my PC is very large (5,2 GB). I have just one profile and just one CPAP-machine in this profile.

In the program OSCAR I found functions (in data / advanced) for deleting the data of one day or all data of a machine. I would like to delete much more than one day but not by far all of my data. Is it possible to delete specific parts of the data (some months or years or all data older than a specific date)?

If there is no such delete-function for a selectable period in the program OSCAR, is it possible to delete some of the sub-directories in the backup / datalog directory with windows explorer? In my case I have sub-directories for 2020 - 2023 and would like to delete the sub-directories for 2020 and 2021. Since this is only a backup folder, I assume deleting data will not directly affect the program OSCAR. To be sure, I ask the community before doing so.

While the backup directory is splitted into sub-directories for each year, the events directory contains many small files for the whole period. In my case the events directory is 2,5 GB large. Is it possible to delete some of these files, depending on modification date, with windows explorer? In my case I would like to reduce the data presented in OSCAR to the period 2022 – 2023. Will there occure any problems in OSCAR when I delete the oldest files in the events directory?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR deleting part of data
Hi Walter60!  -  Welcome
  1. Go to File (OSCAR on a Mac) > Preferences > Import set the option Do not import sessions older than:.
  2. Set this to a starting date you wish to have included.
  3.  press the "OK" button and exit.
  4.  Go to Data > Rebuild CPAP Data > Your CPAP.
You should be good to go.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick response!

This process worked very well. OSCAR now presents the data beginning with that date I set at the option "Do not import sessions older than" and the events directory is accordingly smaller now.

This action did not affect the backup directory. Am I right in the assumption that I can delete any of the sub-directories of backup \ datalog directory (the sub-folders for each year) without any direct affect to OSCAR? It is clear that deleting (the oldest) backup data limits the later possibility for rebuilding data in OSCAR. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You can only go back as far as the backup is. I would like to mention that SD cards can suddenly go bad. For this reason, we encourage everyone to copy its data to a dedicated directory on your PC. That way, you will have all your history protected. You can also redirect OSCAR to use this directory as its import source.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR shows missing data for multi week interval Dawnstar 2 51 04-21-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 1 103 04-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar "No Supported Data Found" Resmed Airsense 11 cpapmj 3 130 04-13-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 958 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 299 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 280 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 941 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.