Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SD size
SD size
I recieved my Aircurve 10 14 months ago and I see my SD card is about 2/3 full. What hapens
when it's full do I then need to reformat it or does the machine simply erase the old data ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SD size
The machine will - at some arbitrary point - erase all your old data and start over.
This is not good.
Better to replace it with a new card, 8 GB or larger up to 32 GB and retire the old one to archived storage.

I'm guessing your current SD card is 2 GB. My original card was 2 GB, and it lasted about 18 months. I'm using an 8 GB card now for 5 ? years.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can the older folders be deleted to make room for new?
Could make copies if was still relevant but I would think that is questionable.
But assuming you statement, erases all and starts over would also delete recent data. Not desired.

Can either copy root and recent folders to a new SD card or make backup copies and then delete the old folders?
Do any of the machines maintain a data validation on the SD card so it would know if modified by something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're using OSCAR and regularly download your data, you have a record of all your data on your computer.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
E.W.,

Saving your original SD card data is never a bad idea.  So you have a couple of choices:
  1. Copy the entire contents of the SD card to your computer (or external hard drive).
  2. Buy a new (larger, up to 32GB) SD card and put the original one in a safe place
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 333 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Hose [size difference] Johnboy 10 3,790 09-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 680 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  How to size F30i *frame* before purchasing tfield98 3 800 05-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Tube size… robsmuir 2 623 04-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: robsmuir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.