Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic?
Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic?
Just diagnosed after being very sick for a couple months and no other explanation. There is a 4 - 6 week wait to get setup officially so my regular Dr said i could try to use the setup i have from my mom passing. this is the first OSCAR readout since i started last week. he gave 4 - 20 as the range but my first couple tries it felt like i was getting no air at 4 so i selected 8 as Min. I woke up a few times but the break in the middle i woke up with a freezing nose and the "rain" I took the hose and put it under the blanket over my chest to warm it up (my sleepy mind at work) it actually seemed to help. 
I am just needing to get started to find some relief. I know y'all are not "medical advice" but you clearly have experience.
Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic?
Welcome
Stick with it and pay attention to how you feel every morning and through the day. (maybe even take notes)
It usually takes some time to feel the benefits of more restful sleep.

Good job avoiding mask leaks. That's often a big challenge.

Do you have your sleep study results? Not just the summary but the full data reports?
Request that from your sleep provider's office if you don't yet have it.  It's good to see what was going on in your sleep prior to cpap treatment. (redact any personal identifiers before posting it here)
Post Reply Post Reply
Havent gotten the study results. Dr (new to me) just said it was "severe". I'll try to get them.
it took 5 days of experimenting with cervical collar etc to keep my darn mouth closed and i always seem to get a stuffy nose before bedtime which also has made it hard to start. got a full mask to try but I have a beard and the first try to fit and test was a no go.
thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Read through the wiki articles here for lots of good info.
Here's a good one for masks:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer

The sleep study report will have good info. Things like whether your apnea is worse when sleeping on your back (supine), worse during REM, Central or Obstructive, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 2 49 21 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 206 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 9 655 03-30-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 173 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 248 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 268 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,595 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.