Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathing problems - Large Leak? 76%?
RE: Breathing problems - Large Leak? 76%?
(09-24-2021, 11:16 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK copy and good luck to ya

Last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How did you feel, good or bad comfort? Leaks seems better, but the 95% stat says this was near 21. The 95% is where it was equal to our less than 95% of the time. It's ok but barely. ResMed's machines redline leaks at 24 just 3 more than your 95%. Median and minimum were a lot better. The Max leak was high, but seeing the leak chart, it wasn't but a brief amount.

I mention the leaks because they may not directly interfere with therapy, but they may cause sleep disturbance.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep was a bit troubled, but hard to tell since I have some knee problems that hurt. Getting them fixed in about a week.

However, I felt very good today! Realized I was not drifting off nor yawning as before. I feel like I am getting better sleep than before.

Not sure what I should do next.

Your great advice really helped me!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Such large leaks over 60 % can cause open mouth too. That was reason in my case with ResMed P30i mask. I bought chin strap and the leaks decreased really a lot. Some nights I have quite big leaks and I try next full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2021, 06:37 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: How did you feel, good or bad comfort? Leaks seems better, but the 95% stat says this was near 21. The 95% is where it was equal to our less than 95% of the time. It's ok but barely. ResMed's machines redline leaks at 24 just 3 more than your 95%. Median and minimum were a lot better. The Max leak was high, but seeing the leak chart, it wasn't but a brief amount.

I mention the leaks because they may not directly interfere with therapy, but they may cause sleep disturbance.

Dave, any suggestions? Your help made me feel better, but is there any more I should try?

I may try a full face mask tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 44 1,086 59 minutes ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 17 2 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,003 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 149 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.