Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brevida mask diffuser question
Brevida mask diffuser question
I have been using the Brevida nasal mask for a while and love the mask.  It is so comfortable and for me better comfort compared with the p10.  My question is does anyone know how frequently the diffuser should be changed or what to look for when it needs to be changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brevida mask diffuser question
Mine lasted at least a couple of years. The filter media is pretty rugged. I noticed some discoloration in the media due to many hours of air flow, but it did not seem to affect performance.

I would only replace it if became torn or otherwise damaged. I suspect that the manufacturer includes a spare in the mask "fit pack" for that reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2020, 02:29 PM)yankees123 Wrote: I have been using the Brevida nasal mask for a while and love the mask.  It is so comfortable and for me better comfort compared with the p10.  My question is does anyone know how frequently the diffuser should be changed or what to look for when it needs to be changed.

I looked on the F&P website because I wanted to see what the mask looks like, and it says there that the diffuser is washable.  I didn't find any recommendations on how often one should do this, but maybe you can tell by looking at it?  Also, if you have a pet, the pet hair might contribute to the diffuser needing washing more often.  Good Luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw the same info as GrammaBear on the F&P site. It's washable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had been using the same diffuser for over 10 months before I lost it somewhere in my sleep. Still can't find that bugger anywhere near the ground, etc. Had to order more. Had no clue we were supposed to replace or wash it LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
It does not work as well if it is wet. If you wash it, don't do it in the evening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for everyone who has responded.  Guess I will just keep an eye on the filter to see if and when it gets dirty.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2020, 02:59 PM)RNeil Wrote: It does not work as well if it is wet. If you wash it, don't do it in the evening.

Yes, wash it maybe once a month or as needed, but give it several hours to dry thoroughly before using again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw a review comparing the P10 and Brevida.  The reviewer mentioned the diffuser should be cleaned once a week.  I have been cleaning mine with the other mask parts and it seems to handle it well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes kbob I don’t think cleaning it frequently will cause any problems.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,844 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 230 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 541 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 390 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 350 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 444 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 634 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.