Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broken Resmed S9 PSU
Broken Resmed S9 PSU
My Resmed S9 power supply has stopped working.  Luckily I have a spare, which I'm now using.  I'd like to see if I can fix the broken one, as it might be something as simple as a fuse.  However I can't work out how to open the case.  Can't find any secret screws.  Presumably it's all glued.

Has anyone opened up a ResMed PSU?  How did you manage it?  I don't want to get too physical with it, in case I damage it further and render it completely unfixable.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken Resmed S9 PSU
You might want to check the cords to make sure they are not an issue.

It might be good to look at a few YouTubes on laptop power supplies as I think they would be similar.

It appears they are glued together and then housed in a metal case.

Unless I had an electrical background, I would never attempt to crack one open and fix it. Buy a replacement.

There was a particularly frightening video where someone actually used gasoline to soften the glue to get a power supply plastic shell open. Yikes!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. It's not the cords. I checked. I've looked at various laptop PSU videos on youtube, but I was hoping that someone would specifically know whether resmed boxes are the same or different. And while I'm not an expert, I'm quite capable of looking on the board for anything that's obviously blown and could easily be replaced. Well, I could if I could get into it!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to go ahead, you can probably use acetone or similar in the seam to soften the glue and then pull it apart. I doubt they are designed for easy access as the liability of someone going into one and not knowing what he/she is doing is too great; and it's also cheaper to make.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn’t bother you can buy a clone PSU on amazon very cheaply
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 952 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken? Frankensteins Bride 2 2,794 07-04-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Frankensteins Bride
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,921 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777
  N30 Headgear Strap Broken silversnore 2 1,070 12-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Question Broken Machine? ZZDave 3 611 11-07-2021, 02:04 PM
Last Post: ScottZZZ
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch koshari 14 13,286 07-30-2021, 12:37 PM
Last Post: samhandwich

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.