Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Burning Nose
RE: Burning Nose
I am glad that you are feeling better, but keep the humidifier turned on aand the tank full so that it can't run dry. The secretions in your eye are being forced up from your nose via your tear ducts that enter your nose. In a day or two, your nose will probably be better even after turning off the CPAP in the morning. The matted eyes should then be gone, too. Is nice to know this isn't an allergy and is preventable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2012, 05:00 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: On another forum, I asked about the burning I get when the water goes dry and specifically said I did NOT use ammonia but that's what the smell was like. SIX people told me to stop using ammonia to clean and I deserved what I got. Needless to say, I didn't go back.

Jerks!!!

(08-28-2012, 05:00 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I do not see how the vinegar would sometimes cause this problem and most of the time not. Add in the fact it has been literally months since I last cleaned the tank (the only thing I use vinegar on anymore)

The only reason I thought of this Paula was that plastic is somewhat porous and will over time absorb trace amounts of substances like cleaning solvents and the like. Vinegar being an acid, once all the water is gone the plastic probably heats up a few degrees more than normal and you could be breathing old acid fumes... and you being under the weather already...well...it kinda fit.

My eyes water like crazy and glue shut overnight all the time, but it is definitely worse in allergy season. I asked the eye doc and he said it was because I have dry eye! Huh? Okay, whatever. He said to use eye drops and gave me a few choices, but I never followed up. I just deal with it. But the point being that there are eye drops OTC that are just like the saline spray for your nose, nothing in them that is medicated. I already use Antihistamine drops when my allergies kick up so that is enough for me! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I either use a regular eye lubricant drop or saline they have for contact lenses. During allergy season, if it is really bad, I use an allergy drop. No clue what the name of it is.

I am awful with eye drops! I just used it about an hour ago and took me EIGHT tries to get a single drop in that eye! I have a great, patient, saintly eye doc who is fully aware of my sensitivity. (I think I must be part vampire 'cause I hate sunlight)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 145 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 645 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.