Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
RE: CAN MY AHI INDEX GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS?
Thanks a million. You definetely know what you are talking about and confirm what I have been suspicious about, but with not help of all here in the country where I live. I did not knew this Board offered this kind of help otherwise I would had saved the money on the Dreem that I bought in a desesperation to find out answers to my tiredness-mood-mild depression, in spite that I was being "treated" and averaged ahi 7,2

I will quote the bpap you mention and you are right this machine is sore of slow to respond I guess mostly to hypoapneas.

Appreciate very much your help.

My best,

Jose

Thanks a million. You definetely know what you are talking about and confirm what I have been suspicious about, but with not help of all here in the country where I live. I did not knew this Board offered this kind of help otherwise I would had saved the money on the Dreem that I bought in a desesperation to find out answers to my tiredness-mood-mild depression, in spite that I was being "treated" and averaged ahi 7,2

I will quote the bpap you mention and you are right this machine is sore of slow to respond I guess mostly to hypoapneas.

Appreciate very much your help.

My best,

Jose
Post Reply Post Reply
We have a supplier list, and Supplier #2 will ship internationally. They sell the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto and Resmed S9 VPAP Auto which are basically equal machines. They have sold the Vauto for $800 USD very recently. Another source to look at is DotMed. You need to look under Respiratory/ BiLevel and filter for Resmed. These are new and used machines, often from clinics, and the use hours are shown. Prices can be very good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I checked for auto vpaps [Image of a Commercial Site Removed] Search dotmed for, "listing 2848450"
and the S9 seems pretty cheap in comparison to the Aircurve 10 vpap. I had a old S9 cpap and liked it a lot for the compact size similar to the Dreamstation. I don't need humidifier where I live too.

Are you sure this $150 bucks machine will do the same job than the expensive Aircurve 10 vpap?  or at least I will be better treated than the auto Dreamstation I presently use.?
The difference in prices between the S9 and Aircurve 10 vpaps is very big.

Thanks,
Jose

-----
Moderator Action: Image of a Commercial Site Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Be very careful about which machine you consider. The S9 VPAP Adapt is an ASV used for treating central and complex apnea. The VPAP ST is a fixed bilevel with a timed backup rate. The one we want is the VPAP Auto or Vauto. Watch the hours and stay under 2000 if possible.

You may copy the description of an item but do not use a link. You can tell us where you found it, like “Dotmed” but do not use any part of a link to stay within our rules. I will be glad to look at anything you find if you are unsure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood, I wont use any links from here. I now realized they have different models. Just read carefully this other I found. But after reading your post is not the one you mention.

I will write the info and take my time and will survive with the Dreamstation. Anyways I am now in rural Honduras and feel blessed to have this HelpBoard with people like you and if not I had made another mistake thing only was a model of Aircurve 10 bpap.

Thanks again.}

Jose
Post Reply Post Reply
The VPAP S from Supplier #2 is a very good machine that comes with a warranty from a very reliable vendor. It is a fixed pressure bilevel and will provide excellent results but will not automatically adjust pressure. That’s probably okay since we can optimize settings. They usually sell the Vauto at $799 USD but lots of members have recently purchased so stock is low.

Do not use attachments with images of commercial websites
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Confussed to make a BI PAP Purchase
I a with a Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP from about 2 years ago. Attached are my readings and flow performance. I am using the Exhalation  Pressure Release or EPR at 3 or the Maximun.

I was told that I probably do better with Resmed Aircurve auto bipap due to my exhalation patterns. Another post I read said that the Auto CPap Dreamstation EPR system I currently have outperforms Resmeds auto cpap machines in these feature and almost works as a "poor man bipap". 

I am confused for these two seemenly contradictory opinions. My insurance does not cover equipment, so purchases are out my pocket and this autocpap is my third machine. I contacted Vendor no.2 to order a used Resmed Aircurve Auto BIpap, and he was very honest and professional no pushing the sale, and told me he was not sure I was going to do better with the new machine taking in consideration that my AHI are below 5 with Dreamstation I have been using for about 2 years.

So, my question is it is worth the investment in a new bipap machine?. I am a bit confussed if is worth spending this extra money in these tight times.

Appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Confussed to make a BI PAP Purchase
If that is a typical night, I don't think investment in a ResMed would help much. Your night looks good. I DID buy an aircurve from Supplier #2 and cut my events from around 25 with the dreamstation to <4 with the AirCurve. IF my chart looked as good as yours I would not have spent the money. That being said, it would mean you would have a backup machine if anything happens and the ResMed is smaller if you need to travel so there might be other reasons why this would be a purchase for you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Confussed to make a BI PAP Purchase
Jose, this post is a good example of why we want members to keep therapy threads together. Without the context of why a Resmed was recommended, it just doesn't make much sense. Your results posted above show very good results, and with no zoomed in images of the inspiratory flow rate, it doesn't add up to the need for a different machine.

In your other thread you posted this image which shows that inspiration is flow-limited (very short and flattened) compared to expiration.  We know that pressure support from a bilevel machine, and sometimes the Airsense 10 can help to resolve flow limitation like this.  There is no conflict between the recommendation for the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, Resmed S9 VPAP Auto or Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. All of these machine provide pressure support (the difference in pressure between IPAP and EPAP).  The Airsense 10 is limited to 3 cm pressure support, and the Vauto and VPAP can produce more pressure support.  To understand pressure support (PS), we can assume you need a pressure of 9.0 cm to resolve obstructive apnea. We can then add PS to treat flow limitation, hypopnea and RERA.  If we add 3 cm then the resulting pressure is 12/9 (IPAP/EPAP). If we add 4 cm, the pressure is 13/9.  The difference between the CPAP and the VPAP is the amount of pressure support you have to work with.  If your results look like the image below, it should be helpful to have pressure support.  If you normally have less than 1 AHI like the chart above, then there is less benefit to switching machines.

Since this current question is directly related to the other therapy thread, I am going to merge them to keep the history and discussion together.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=26081]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for your input. Attached 3 recent nights data with the AutoDreamstation. One I sleept almost 10 hours and was very tired for lots activity during the day,but normally is about 7 or less than 8. So now you can be a better idea of my normal sleep with the machine.

What do you think?

My best,
Jose

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 227 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  [Pressure] Improving CA Index InertToxin 1 434 07-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: InertToxin
  Vibratory snore index of 242! How does Philips Calculate VS and VS2? gwatuk 22 3,079 12-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Central Apnea Index of 2 Yet Dreaming of ASV Sleeper396 2 667 09-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  NRAH: Non-Responsive Apnea/Hypopnea Index verysincere 1 652 03-31-2021, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What is SpO2 Drop Index' cmcphee 1 2,227 10-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Question on sleep titration study -- arousal index, uars dcg494 19 2,788 12-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.