Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

oscar question [popup reminder when closing OSCAR]
oscar question [popup reminder when closing OSCAR]
when I close oscar a message flashes that begins: "don't forget to..." and then it's gone. What does this say? I assume it's reminding me to unlock the sd card.However I seem to recall that I used to have to eject the sd card on the pre oscar program. (sleepyhead?). Is that still necessary or can I jsut pull out the card reader? 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: oscar question
That warning was intended for the Resmed S9 model.  You can disable that reminder in the Preferences section. (Preferences > General > General Settings: Show Remove Card reminder notification on OSCAR shutdown .)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I simply remove my card reader with the card or is there an eject procedure I'm supposed to follow?
Post Reply Post Reply
All Operating Systems have some type of disconnection. Linux and Mac have an unmount command, and Widows has an Eject option.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to lock the card when using OSCAR and unlock it before inserting it into the machine. Then I read that it was only necessary for the S9. I have the S10. Now I keep it in the unlock position. I think that frequent manipulation adds a failure mode. If I had to replace the card, I would get one without the lock.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lock on the card is nothing more than a piece of plastic. It is a signaling device for an optic sensor or microswitch in the card reader. A lot of the cheaper card readers don't have a write-protect sensor, thus its position doesn't mean a thing. Also, some O/S's have the option to ignore its position too. If the plastic slider should fall out, a piece of cellophane tape covering the lock area will work.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 2 88 21 minutes ago
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 6 53 1 hour ago
Last Post: Gep232
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 655 2 hours ago
Last Post: StuartC
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 1 38 Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 605 Yesterday, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
  Oscar and ResMed Domino96 13 806 03-27-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.