Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F USB-C HW 2.0.0 FW 2.0.7 not recognized--previously was
CMS50F USB-C HW 2.0.0 FW 2.0.7 not recognized--previously was
Hello,

I have a fairly new CMS50F.

Hardware: 2.0.0
Firmware: 2.0.7
Cable Type: USB Type-C (small, rounded, pretty much standard smartphone cable these days)

I have previously successfully imported data directly from device with OSCAR 3.7 on two different computers. I do not recall making any effort to make sure I was using the original cable, but maybe by chance I always had been. After some weeks of not using it, I recorded a session and tried to import. OSCAR 3.7 now does not recognize device, on two different computers. Updated one computer to OSCAR 4.0 and also no good. Not an OSCAR version issue, nor a computer specific issue.

Some threads I have found say the original cable is needed, but I'm thinking that is before they switched to USB type C, yes?  Or no? Do I need to tear my home apart looking for the original cable, or is there a way to order a replacement?

I have rebooted both machines more than once since the problem started. In device manager I can see the USB devices added and removed automatically when I plug/unplug the CMS50F. Whether they are the right drivers, I don't know.

The devices that show up are:

Human Interface Devices -->  "HID-compliant device"  and "HID-compliant vendor defined device" [edit] "USB Input Device"

Should I look for any other devices, if so under what heading? Any way to check if the auto-installed drivers are correct?

If they use a generic driver or one that windows somehow finds automatically, I wonder if an windows update is the culprit?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Hmmmm... just as I finish this... I just remembered another USB type C cable that just might be the original. Maybe the one I keep in my car lately... [edit: Nope!]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F USB-C HW 2.0.0 FW 2.0.7 not recognized--previously was
Oh-jeez
Argh... where my brain at?

Finally remembered that previously I'd been using sp02 assistant and importing files that way!

I wonder if there's even a thread in here with me asking the same question... or at least one where I found the answer but didn't find this time around.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you click on your username, in the upper right of every page, it will take you to your profile. Within the profile is a listing of all your posts, currently at 42. If you click on that listing, it will list all the posts that you have made. Also, below that entry is all the threads (currently 10) that you started.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know. Could also just google search my username and "apnea"(often faster/easier than using a site's internal search).

But realizing I might have previously posted on this exact problem is another thing....   if I had thought of that, then I would have also though of the solution from back then as well.

Had it pretty firmly in my head that direct import was working a couple months ago. Blurring in memory with the previous CMS50F that I used for years and worked fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
PurchanceToDream,

To provide you with a sanity check.....
The older CMS50F models could be directly imported into OSCAR using the supplied cable (USB/UART).
The newer versions (HID ???) are no longer able to be directly imported using the cable and you need to use the "Smart Device Assistant" software first (formerly SpO2 Assistant), then import the file into OSCAR from the Smart Device Assistant software.

There is a wiki page for that .... http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_import

HTH.....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 806 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,408 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  SPO2 WRIST MONITOR CMS50F DanMcD 1 625 04-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Sp02 Assistant + CMS50F 2020 Questions JonUK 6 2,603 03-29-2023, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Get Spo2 Assistant to connect to a CMS50F Pulse Oximeter running on a Silicon Mac darral.freund 1 1,124 03-26-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  using OSCAR for Contec CMS50F oximetry ...without any CPAP data? sleepymon 2 630 02-20-2023, 04:08 AM
Last Post: sleepymon
  CMS50F Pulse Oximeter and Mac Catalina issues Bamf66 18 1,799 02-11-2023, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.