Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CMS50F issues
CMS50F issues
Hi, sorry, you probably get a lot of questions regarding this, but I just got a Contec CMS50F and I'm not quite sure how to import the data into OSCAR.

I'm using the provided USB and plugging that into my computer, making sure to turn the device on. But my computer only seems to register it as "Pulse Oximeter" and when I look at the Device Manager (I'm using Windows 10), I can't even find it. What is the name supposed to be on Device Manager?

Since I can't find it on Device Manager, I can't install any drivers. When I download the driver from the link provided in the OSCAR Oximetry Wizard, it doesn't have any install file.

SPO2 Assistant cannot detect the device either.

I recorded last night's data and would very much like to import it. Some help, please and thank you!

(I have the newer version, so the software is at 2.0.7 and hardware at 2.0.0.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F issues
Due to a firmware update, the newer CMS50 oximeters can not use OSCAR's oximetry wizard. You must manually import the ".SpO2" file that is generated by the Smart Device Assistant 3.1.0.1 software. Here is the link to the Wiki on Contec import procedures:
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_import

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The newer Contec CMS50F models cannot be directly imported into OSCAR using the cable. They changed the USB protocol to HID (???) so there is no driver to update.
The SpO2 Assistant software is an older version that worked with the previous versions of the CMS50F. I don't think it works with the newer models. The software was updated and is now called "Smart Device Assistant" and works with both the older and newer models.

There should have been a piece of paper in the box (or possibly printed on a label somewhere) with the URL and Index # to download the software.
If not, you can find it on the wiki page here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, thank you for the assistance, I finally got it working!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 809 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  scrolling issues in OSCAR 1.5.1 for macOS leonking 3 677 02-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  1.5.0 New Search Functonality Causes UI Issues Gralli 14 644 09-06-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Gralli
Information Lookee oximeter import/sync issues, wiki update suggestions Uphold9887 9 761 05-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.