Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart)
Sad 
33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart)
Hello Guys

I was diagnosed with Severe Sleep Apnea this summer. I had a 61 AHI. I’m not overweight but I do suffer from deviated septum and according to my doctor i might be candidate for UPPP surgery because I have a lot of extra tissue in my throat. They have referred me to a surgeon which I will see in January. Anyways I finally got my Airsense 11 machine. I used the Airsense 10 (rental) for a month until my insurance company approved to pay for my own machine. I have been using the machine for few nights now. Looking for recommendations on settings I should be using. First few nights I had the EPR on but then I felt like it’s hard for me to breath so I turned off the EPR and changed my min pressure from 5 to 6. On the prescription doctor wrote that my pressure should be between 5-10. It was actually set to 5-12 when I first got my loaner machine but after I showed her report of my one month use she recommended to bring it down to 10 since I never went above 10. 

Just posting three days of Oscar Report. Just wondering how I can improve my settings and if you guys notice anything in these graphs. I’m very new to this and trying to learn as much as I can. I got to say I was surprised by the diagnosis and my health anxiety is at all time high. 

I have attached a copy of sleep apnea report below. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 33 Years Old with Severe Sleep Apnea (Oscar Chart)
Welcome to the group. PLEASE COMPARE your pressure chats with your flow Limits. You well see that they raise when you have FL To begin with you can see that when the machine finds FL it raised to stop them from becoming H or Oa events. Flow limits stop you from getting deep sleep and may even wake you up. TO fight we use EPR and you reported you seemed to have a harder time bleathing Well that should be opposite. Give the settings a couple of days and come back with your charts...

Min 7
EPR set to FULL TIME
EPR set 3
Try it a night and post it back here
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2023, 12:39 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Welcome to the group.  PLEASE COMPARE your pressure chats with your flow Limits.  You well see that they raise when you have FL  To begin with you  can see that when the machine finds FL it raised to stop them from becoming H or Oa events.  Flow limits stop you from getting deep sleep and may even wake you up.  TO fight we use EPR and you reported you seemed to have a harder time bleathing  Well that should be opposite.  Give the settings a couple of days and come back with your charts...

Min 7
EPR set to FULL TIME
EPR set 3
Try it a night and post it back here

Thank you

I just changed the pressure to 7-10
EPR FULL TIME LEVEL 3
Ramp off

Will give it a try tonight and post the results. 
On my airsense 10 i had epr on with pressure 5-12 and had no trouble breathing but i feel lik its hard with the same setting on airsense 11.

The charts i posted only Dec 15 is EPR off. Ho does my chart look on the other two nights i posted with EPR on? Are those charts looking good?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is last night after changing the the pressure to 7-10, EPR FULL TIME LEVEL 3, Ramp off

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Did the night seem better, longer periods of sleep....It looks better to me but the mask leaks caused the pressures to be lower.  It will take a little while for you to adust  to the therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI - Still Poor Sleep - Apple Watch vs Oscar? Jakeb24 6 169 1 hour ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 15 1,296 Yesterday, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Severe CSA: my astounding results with mouth taping volty 12 350 05-02-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 5 243 04-30-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 2 246 04-30-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 101 3,378 04-27-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Quitethe1
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 21 562 04-26-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Raven87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.