Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 4 months on CPAP
RE: 4 months on CPAP
Bump.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI was lower with EPR at 1. I'm still not quite certain of the best way to move forward. I'm tempted to suggest enhanced expiratory rebreathing space, https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ace_(EERS) It really depends whether you have the DIY skills to do this and want to give it a try. The logic is, when you drink, you probably breath a bit less deeply and have a higher CO2 level. That maintains a more consistent respiratory drive. Your sober sleep may be marked with more high-volume breaths or even a higher median tidal volume. Next time you decide to imbibe, let's use the data as a baseline to see if there is anything to inform us of the reasons for lower AHI.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry I didn't get notified of your reply so just saw it.

I don't think I have the DIY skills to make one of these EERS-devices, but thank you for the suggestion. I will keep that in mind as kind of a "last resort".
I couldn't help myself and tried a different setting for a bit, CPAP 8-10 with EPR at 3. I will try a lower EPR again as per your suggestion, eventhough the normal "breathing" is much more comfortable with the higher EPR. I think you're right and my sleep will benefit from this.

I'll add three more graphs. The one from 12th of June included drinking. Usually the AHI is below 2 then, sometimes even less than 1. I won't be drinking in the next weeks though. For health-reasons, especially for better sleep (even with higher AHI).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 286 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,648 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 485 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 672 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123
  [CPAP] Still tired after 4 months of CPAP mohtorhead 11 1,027 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.