Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 5 months with CPAP, AHI still too high
5 months with CPAP, AHI still too high
I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and have been using a CPAP for five months. I still feel tired during the day.  It looks like I'm having a lot of central apneas.  Can anyone take a look at my oscar graphs and help me understand what's going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 months with CPAP, AHI still too high
Most important thing, get those leaks under control. Soft cervical collar or mouth tape, whatever works. You are spending a significant part of the night just below or above the large leak trigger line at 24 l/min. You either need to tape, use a collar, or go to a full face/hybrid mask.

Your pressure is also too low. Try the following:

Min pressure 8
Max pressure 12
EPR 2 full-time
No ramp

That should help with the events and still be comfortable.

Look into your sleep hygiene as well. Read this article for some ideas. https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 months with CPAP, AHI still too high
You have a next-level amount of leak that need be fixed prior to other troubleshooting efforts. There are many angles that you can try to address this (check youtube or this site's resources), such as: changing your mask, changing the component sizes of your mask, using a soft-cervical collar or chinstrap, mask liners, lowering pressure, changing sleeping position, making sure to clean and wipe down your face properly, etc.

Leaks can cause central apneas, which is why I say you should try to prioritize quelling the leaks first, because then we can reassess to see if you're having centrals for other reasons. It might help, with respect to leaks and centrals, to change your pressure to fixed, to something around 6-7cm, as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally giving OSCAR a shot after 4 months of CPAP with no results SleeepyPuck 9 114 9 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] wide mouth + high pressure troutdad 1 73 07-22-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Diagnosis] High AHI After Initial Improvement with CPAP echo7 2 166 07-18-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: echo7
  Sleep quality excellent when I'm not in my own bed. High CAs? matt2 2 154 07-13-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question Struggling with CPAP for months. Please help! auri27 8 261 07-08-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: auri27
  New CPAP User - Waking with very high pressures Westernsleep 12 424 07-06-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is your use of a new cpap monitored during the first 3 months? Sterling147 4 301 07-03-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Sterling147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.