Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired!
5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired!
Started on my Airsense 10 with Airfit F10 last Saturday. First night,I only lasted 4 hours,had to take mask off. Perservered for the next 3 nights. Then last night switched from a Medium to a Large mask last night but again took it off after 4 hours. I'm definitely more tired than ever,I'm more forgetful than before and I'm certainly more moody and grumpy. My wife and kids have commented and I snapped at a work colleague during the week for asking a simple question. I really don't like the way I'm feeling. No energy or motivation to do anything. Yet my score on My Air for Sun,Mon,Tue, Wed was 100 with events ranging from 0.2 to 1.3,mask usage 7 to 8 hours. Had a quick phone chat with sleep nurse,she said to stick with it and that I'm doing great.......but I feel rotten and am a grump with no energy!! 
Sleep study gave average of 38 events per hour,hitting a high of 82 while on my back. Stopped breathing for 78 seconds at one stage,oxygen had dropped to 80%. So my consultant(in Ireland) put me on auto pressure
Are my events so low because I'm actually not sleeping much at all at night? It certainly feels like I'm not getting a good nights sleep. Is there a way of analysing my stats on OSCAR to see if I am getting good quality sleep. Any advice???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired!
You can download a Screenshot of the daily page chart from OSCAR for review.

Follow the links in my signature line to guide you in organization of the chart and then use the Attachment Feature to post here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok,I'm just out at the moment. I'll try upload the data since Saturday when I get back home in about an hour or so. Thanks very much
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you,hope this is enough info for you            

Wed and Thursday night....thursday night was when I trialled the Large mask....I think I might go back to the medium as I'm kind of in between a M and L.....

Oh,I forgot to say...I'm also getting headaches everyday now. I'm really hoping this is just a phase as I really want CPAP to work!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Getting used to the mask can be difficult.  For about a week, I just walked around with it on for chores, watching TV, etc. to get used to the feel of something on my face and head. 

Then after that I started to add pressure from CPAP machine during the day.  This way I could adjust the mask, tighten as needed, and get used to a pressurized mask.

I have not had my titration study yet so I asked for advice from this Board after posting my first “trial night” on CPAP.  It was rough and tumble night and I didn’t feel that great in the AM.  But each day I tweak a little more and stick with it.

I read somewhere it can take 1-2 weeks of sleeping at night with it on and I stick with it because it is worth it!  I have my mask “dialed in” and am working on the pressure range.
Post Reply Post Reply
toby,
Although your AHI is good, the 95% flow limitation is a bit higher than we like to see.  
FL sometimes causes pressure increases for no other reason, which is disruptive to sleep.
To tame this number, you will need to set EPR to 3.  Also in order for EPR to have room to work, the minimum pressure should be no less than 7cm.

Suggestion:  
Set minimum pressure to 7cm.
Set maximum pressure to 15cm.
Set EPR to 3 (full time).

The spikes on the leak rate graph indicate mask movement, which I think you're aware.
It is hard adjusting to a mask, especially full face.  If you have the opportunity, try one of the hybrid masks that cover the mouth, but just sit under the nose.  

Read the mask primer for tips on fitting your mask.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply. My machine came preset and my nurse can remotely see my progress. I'm guessing she can see if I change the settings? Should I just wait until Monday,ring her and pass on your advice? Or will I just go ahead myself? Then she'll be asking why did I interfere with the setting's!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's your therapy, not hers, and you have every right to change your settings.  If she asks why you changed them say that you were uncomfortable with the prior settings and feel better (if you do) at the new settings. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2024, 01:26 AM)toby2111 Wrote: I'm guessing she can see if I change the settings?

I doubt she can. And even if she can, I doubt she'll notice. They mostly look at hours used and AHI.

Plus, there's nothing she can do about it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help….starting to feel tired again Internetstranger 5 69 8 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First 2 nights Narcil 45 2,708 07-19-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Narcil
Sad [Diagnosis] cpap since 2 years .tired jeje 11 374 07-15-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: jeje
  Alot of CA's and hypopneas/Still very tired JohnnyHotdog 1 127 07-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Tired of feeling tired but more tired UARSBAL 13 982 07-08-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: UARSBAL
  Looking for my Min-Max pressure. Tired of guessing. johnathanb76 5 254 07-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  I'm tired of guessing. johnathanb76 1 181 07-05-2024, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Narcil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.