Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right
AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right
    Hello, 

I just got a cpap and have used it for 2 nights, I keep waking up and needing to take it off because I can't breath well, feels like I am suffocating/not able to breath as well with it on. Here is some data. What should I change to: 1. help me with sleeping with it on comfortably, and 2. lower my ahi. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right
@am97,

Welcome to the board! For future posts make sure to click the black triangle on the left of the date field at the top, this will close out the calendar and give additional data to folks looking to analyze your screenshot.

Folks far more skilled at CPAP data analysis than me will be coming along shortly to give you some pointers. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Need OSCAR data review help. Cannot sleep with cpap mask
    Hello, 

Can someone please help me with my data. I’m only averaging around 2 hours with my mask on and end up waking up unable to breath that well with it on and so I take it off so I can breathe better. Are my settings ok? I desperately need help, I’m tired and not meeting my insurance compliance because of this.  Thanks all
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need OSCAR data review help. Cannot sleep with cpap mask
A Min pressure of 10 should give you plenty of air but you could try going up one to 11.  I would also set the EPR at full time 3.

I had problems years ago with getting the minimum time for insurance while first getting use to the machine.  I used my cpap while I read and watched TV, anything to get the 4 hours.  The machine can not tell if you are asleep or not only that you used it so many hours.  After a while I got more accustomed to it and was able to sleep longer and longer with it.  I hope this helps you become compliant.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my cpap, how is my data?

Hi all, 

Can someone look over my stats from last night? Using resmed airsense 11 and f20 mask. Whats with the CA Clear Airway events? How can I improve my cpap therapy? 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right
Hi am97. I have merged the three threads requesting assistance with your Oscar data into this therapy thread. Please use this thread for future questions related to your therapy so the responses and information remain together.

Your therapy looks very effective, but the sessions are short with the most recent one being the longest so-far at 3-hours. Your first chart showed some positional apnea which seems to have resolved. Your second chart used EPR at 1 and had more flow limitation. resulting in more pressure fluctuations and likely arousals. The last chart shows that with EPR 3 you have some CA events, but overall good results. You may want to try EPR 2 to see if that is better, but you should select the EPR that feels best to you and work on keeping therapy at least 4-hours per day to demonstrate compliance, but better 7+ hours to get the rest and therapy you need. What is causing you to have such short sessions with CPAP?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AM97 Therapy Thread: Help me interpret OSCAR and get my numbers right
One advantage of using the machine during the day or evening is that this helps your body adapt to the new experience. Set the machine up outside your bedroom and use it while you read, watch TV, or do something else low-key. If you can do that for a week, you may start finding it easier to sleep with the machine at night.

Are there any particular irritants bothering you? Mask discomfort? Leaks? Did the change in your settings help with the feeling of not getting enough air?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 475 7 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,041 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,834 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 82 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 235 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 274 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 1,017 04-24-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dormivi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.