Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep collar advice
Sleep collar advice
I am seeking out a neck collar to prevent chin tucking during sleep.  I have read Wiki and posts here about chin tucking and success stories collar use to lower AHI.  Shopping reveals a huge amount of collars and sizes.  Some advice on how to choose one would be appreciated.

I wore a Futuro for a couple of months after surgery years ago.  I hope to find one not so bulky as the Futuro.

Of the latest collars available, does anyone have suggestions what brand/model does well?  I see there is one that covers half way round, the rest being a strap around the back of the neck.

I understand this is just friendly advice, not pro medical opinion.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep collar advice
I am relatively new to this forum.  I too have been advised to get a collar.

I am interested in the answer to this post as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would go to local Walgreens or CVS and purchase their standard size and go from there. If it fits fine, or if you need to size up or down.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am in the same situation. However, I shopped my Walmart, Target, CVS, RiteAid, and Walgreens, and none of them had collars in stock.

So, yesterday I attempted to measure the size I needed (neck diameter and chin to chest), and ordered one off of eBay. I figure for less than $10, if the first doesn't work out, it will help me figure out what to buy next.

We'll see how it goes. Best luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please be sure to look through the Other Reviews Forum for member reviews of soft cervical collars http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-O...ct-Reviews
Some of these are also linked from the Soft Cervical Collar wiki in the Reviews section. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 161 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 246 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Data Comparison - Cervical Collar vs No Cervical Collar phoen1kx 9 214 Yesterday, 11:26 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 848 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,775 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 142 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 76 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.