Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Airsense Autoset 10 - Spurious "Tubing Blocked" Messages & Gaps in data recording
Airsense Autoset 10 - Spurious "Tubing Blocked" Messages & Gaps in data recording
Been having some problems with my Airsense 10 the past few months. The machine is over 5 years old, so I'm due for a replacement, but I'll still have to shell out three or four hundred dollars out of pocket to cover my deductible, so I'd like to avoid getting a replacement if at all possible. Also, I've already tried all the steps given in the "airsense 10 autoset malfunction" thread but the problems persist. I got a new mask and tubing on March 4.

1. The CPAP stops during the night, sometimes multiple times per night, with a "Tubing is blocked" error message. I disconnect and check the tubing. There is no water in the tube (rainout) or any other blockage. I reattach the tubing and restart the CPAP.

2. The CPAP will not auto shut off when I take off my pillows. It will continue to run until I manually shut off the CPAP. The CPAP will also stop if I disconnect the mask hose from the CPAP hose.

2. The CPAP stops recording data even though it continues to run. 

- See the Jun 26 chart. The gap in flow rate just after midnight was where the CPAP cut of with the "Tubing blocked" message. I checked the tubing; no water or other blockages. I woke up and punched the dial to restart the CPAP. The CPAP starts and starts recording again. Around 1:20 the CPAP stops recording even though it keeps running. Around 5:20 am I wake up because I have to go to the bathrooom. The CPAP is running when I wake up, but the data isn't being recorded. The CPAP starts recording data when I turn it back on after returning from the bathroom.

- See the July 1 chart. The CPAP stops around 3 am with the "Tubing blocked message". I check the tubing; no water or other blockages. I turn the CPAP back on. It continues running until I get up around 7 a.m, but it stops recording data around 3:10 am.

- Overview for past year. You can see that the problems start in Feb, before I get the new hose and mask in March. Things are ok for much of March, but the problems are more frequent after that.

[attachment=24194]

So, any suggestions for things to try before I give up and get a new machine? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense Autoset 10 - Spurious "Tubing Blocked" Messages & Gaps in data recording
Hi pneuma7384 - Welcome

Based off of personal experience and some posts here, the SmartStart option seems to exhibit problems on the A10 series. I recommend that you try using your AS10 with the SmartStart option turned off to see if that corrects your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense Autoset 10 - Spurious "Tubing Blocked" Messages & Gaps in data recording
I will give that a shot. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using the temperature-controlled tubing and if so have you tried ordinary tubing?
Have you considered it might be a faulty sensor or intermittent short and that maybe it needs diagnostics and a thorough servicing?
I gave up on SmartStart when the results became inconsistent.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
While deferring an inevitable expense seems thrifty, I think with the kinds of malfunctions you are describing and the age of the machine, I would start the process for a new one. While you may have some good life left in this, at some point it will fail, and you will be stuck for as long as it takes to approve a new one. Now it the time to order the replacement, and shift this machine to backup duty. I hope turning off Smartstart works for you, but time will run out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2020, 04:34 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Are you using the temperature-controlled tubing and if so have you tried ordinary tubing?
Have you considered it might be a faulty sensor or intermittent short and that maybe it needs diagnostics and a thorough servicing?
I gave up on SmartStart when the results became inconsistent.

I am using the temperature-controlled tubing, but I have tried ordinary tubing. Same issues. I'm leaning toward faulty sensor, but my provider doesn't do repairs, only replacements.  Sad

(07-02-2020, 11:41 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi pneuma7384 - Welcome

Based off of personal experience and some posts here, the SmartStart option seems to exhibit problems on the A10 series.  I recommend that you try using your AS10 with the SmartStart option turned off to see if that corrects your problem.

Didn't help, unfortunately.  Sad CPAP shut off around 4:15 AM with the "Tubing Blocked" message. Turned it back on, but it stopped recording about 5 minutes later, though it kept running until I got up around 8:30 am.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2020, 04:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: While deferring an inevitable expense seems thrifty, I think with the kinds of malfunctions you are describing and the age of the machine, I would start the process for a new one.  While you may have some good life left in this, at some point it will fail, and you will be stuck for as long as it takes to approve a new one.  Now it the time to order the replacement, and shift this machine to backup duty.  I hope turning off Smartstart works for you, but time will run out.

You are most likely correct. I was hoping there might be a simple fix, but it's looking like that won't be the case.  Sad

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 506 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 163 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.