Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Apex XT Auto pva enable help please.
Apex XT Auto pva enable help please.
Dear friends,

I bought an Apex XT auto and the machine works fine, but in auto mode, the PVA a setting that is locked; the PVA function which allows you to control backpressure setting when you exhale in auto mode. I am looking for the clinical manual to change it from disabled to enable so that I can change it to the 3rd pressure variation setting.....there are 3 settings. Otherwise the pressure when i exhale will wake me up.

this is what the manual says....

7) PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Press "MENU" button to select [c on/off] menu, you can view if the PVA function is enabled by the provider, a respiratory therapist or physician. The PVA function delivers pressure relief upon exhalation to improve comfort. If the PVA function is enabled, press "UP" or "DOWN" button to adjust the comfort level. There are 3 adjustable levels of pressure relief that you feel while exhalation. Level 1 provides small pressure variation; and level 3 provides higher pressure variation.

If you happen to know the commands or where can get a pdf of the clinical manual to unlock the adjust for the comfort level, please let me know...I will be grateful.  

I have have the user's manual and it aint there.

Lord Maximus
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apex XT Auto pva enable help please.
You can order a Clinicians Manual by e-mail here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

You will find it under SECTION THREE (OTHER MANUALS).

Follow the directions and give the “exact” name of your machine.

Good Luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Apex XT Auto pva enable help please.
(06-19-2018, 09:28 PM)Lord Maximus Wrote: Dear friends,

I bought an Apex XT auto and the machine works fine, but in auto mode, the PVA a setting that is locked; the PVA function which allows you to control backpressure setting when you exhale in auto mode. I am looking for the clinical manual to change it from disabled to enable so that I can change it to the 3rd pressure variation setting.....there are 3 settings. Otherwise the pressure when i exhale will wake me up.

this is what the manual says....

7) PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Press "MENU" button to select [c on/off] menu, you can view if the PVA function is enabled by the provider, a respiratory therapist or physician. The PVA function delivers pressure relief upon exhalation to improve comfort. If the PVA function is enabled, press "UP" or "DOWN" button to adjust the comfort level. There are 3 adjustable levels of pressure relief that you feel while exhalation. Level 1 provides small pressure variation; and level 3 provides higher pressure variation.

If you happen to know the commands or where can get a pdf of the clinical manual to unlock the adjust for the comfort level, please let me know...I will be grateful.  

I have have the user's manual and it aint there.

Lord Maximus

I'm curious if after enabling PVA if it functions all through the night?  My PVA only lasts a few minutes then stops working and goes back to normal pressure... is this what you experience, or does the pressure relief last all through the night?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 580 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,000 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Apex iCH Auto domenic124 22 10,240 08-03-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: at ease
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 853 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325
  Forgot to slide the write-enable tab on the SD card AGAIN! cathyf 2 618 07-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Last Post: greatunclebill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.