Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] BMC Auto CPAP
BMC Auto CPAP
Hi I am up for a new machine and was looking at the BMC Auto CPAP Machine Reslex Travel Portable. It's almost a 1/3 of a new Resmend but I am hesitant as Resmed has served me well through 3 models.
Anyone have one and can give me your thoughts?
Thanks
Graeme
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BMC Auto CPAP
G'day Graeme. Welcome to Apnea Board. I had the great pleasure of travelling through Laos not long ago - what a beautiful place it is!

I don't have first hand experience with that machine, but I think it's probably true that Resmed is the market leader for a reason.

One of our members recently did a six-machine comparison and the BMC (not that exact model) came out rather badly. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rification
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's working for you, why change it unless finance is an issue. This is all about machine algorithms and while I have no experience with the BMC you could probably assume that it's algorithm is going to be different to the Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another comparison review.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-Autoset
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2019, 05:33 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Graeme. Welcome to Apnea Board.  I had the great pleasure of travelling through Laos not long ago - what a beautiful place it is!

I don't have first hand experience with that machine, but I think it's probably true that Resmed is the market leader for a reason.

One of our members recently did a six-machine comparison and the BMC (not that exact model) came out rather badly.  http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rification

Hi Graeme,

Actually, the BMC was not included in that six machine comparison. What was included was an Apex. Coffee Both BMC and Apex are from chinese manufacturers though but I wouldn't count them out based on that fact alone as some of us (though few) have had good experiences with them.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
hearsay73 Wrote:Actually, the BMC was not included in that six machine comparison. What was included was an Apex.

Thanks for the correction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a ResSmart as my first machine and it seemed to be ok but when I had a review my doctor wasn't as happy.
My sleep doctor was bothered by the fact that my machine was only applying 7 - 8 cm of water. He expects some one my size to be 10 - 15 cm of water. So off to the sleep lab for an over night study.

I had my study with the outcome being my pressure should be 14cm of water. The Dr suspects that the low pressure provided by my acap could be due to the algorithm or my relatively narrow nasal airways.

I ran it fixed on 14cm until it stopped working and needed a new mother board for the seconded time. As it was out of warranty I decided to change to a ResMed as10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,000 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Auto-adjusting CPAP as replacement in Philips Recall Speusippus 1 589 08-14-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 853 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.