Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask
Question 
BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask
I normally use a Resmed Airsense 10 but I purchased a BREAS Z2 as a travel machine last year right before a vacation. It worked out terribly for me (too noisy) during that vacation and I put it aside when I returned and haven't used it until recently when my ResMed started acting up.  Is there a reason that these BREAS Z2s are extremely windy and noisy at the mask? When I connect my hose and mask to the Resmed unit, it's so quiet that I sometimes have to pull the mask away from my face to confirm it's blowing.  But when I conned the same hose and mask to the BREAS Z2, it is like a constant windstorm. The noise is emanating from the mask - not the Z2 itself.  Also, I am using the inline muffler provided with the Z2.  Does anyone know what the issue might be?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask
Hi
I have the same problem and just wondering if you received any replies ?

First night last night and despite the muffler and the hme, the wind noise at the mask is crazy
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry - there've been no replies to my inquiry.   Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
The Z2 machine noise travels down the OEM tube to the mask—even with the muffler.  Give the TravelHose a try. It’s more durable than it looks and it has made an appreciable difference in mask noise for me. Amazon and others carry it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 146 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,157 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,389 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 389 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,001 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 2 16,677 06-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Help - Breas iSleep20i Error Code 66 pietro 2 1,019 04-05-2023, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Gumby Bunny

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.