Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Battle - Chart Attached
RE: CPAP Battle - Chart Attached
Obstructive events here are strongly clustered. Have you looked into a soft cervical collar? The wiki linked in my signature shows some examples of other members that used the soft collar to resolve this kind of obstruction. It's worth reading and comparing your own results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  Cervical collar ordered last night.

Not sure if I should have, but I bumped the IPAP back up to 20. The pressure seemed to hover around max for much of the night.

Last two nights' charts attached.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning.  Any recommendations based on the previous post?  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I meant to post on this. I think raising PS to 3.5 might help. I’m on the phone now so we can get into details later.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will give it a try.  Did I make a mistake by bumping up the IPAP?

Should have the collar to try tonight.

Attached is last night's chart.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried sleeping with a cervical collar last night and it was surprisingly comfortable.  Unfortunately, my total AHI was not good.

Chart attached.  Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think try the same settings again tonight. The additional PS may have moved up CA events and we need to see if that holds up another session before moving back to 3.0 or less. I'd like to see IPAP max limited to 17.0 based on the charts posted in this thread. I don't think higher pressure is especially helpful. It sometimes takes a couple nights to get a collar adjusted to it works well, and there was at least one cluster at 01:15 that looks like you got your chin under the collar, but from an obstructive point of view, this session looks a lot better than January 5.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Great.  Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Adjusted the IPAP to 17 and slept with the collar again.  Numbers definitely improved from the night before.

Any recommended tweaks or should I give it more time?  Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
These results are definitely in the right direction. I think you can hold at these settings for a while or consider raising EPAP min to 7.0. It appears the increased IPAP was just enough to knock down the OA cluster at 23:15. I'm not concerned about CA at this level, and Hopefully you're feeling more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 223 Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 159 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 201 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 233 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 323 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 233 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 1,012 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.