Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Battle - Chart Attached
RE: CPAP Battle - Chart Attached
Thanks.  Much more comfortable than I was at my doctor's prescribed settings.  I am able to wear the mask for nearly 6 hours now.  Pushing for more.

I still wake up a lot but I think its from mask leaks and the mask vents blowing on the pillow.  

For anyone considering a collar, try it.  It has been surprisingly comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I echo Matt's sentiment about the collar - it felt like a step too far and couldn't be comfortable but it really is !

Initially for me I had quite a stiff one as the Releaf (most common one suggested here) was too soft and didn't prevent me chin tucking but over time I must have retrained my sleeping position and as a result can use the softer Releaf one with great success and comfort - do it if thinking about it as it may really help your sleep quality

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey mate,

Are the collars designed for back sleepers or for any position ? I am a side sleeper  Smile
Thanks,

Smile Atlas Smile

Brisbane 
Australia
Post Reply Post Reply
I force myself to avoid back sleeping so I'm mostly a side sleeper using a nasal pillow mask. I have to wear a collar partly for clusters of oa and mostly to reduce lip leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many people tuck their chins and obstruct their airway on their side. We have seen a number of diagnostic sleep reports where supine is approximately equal to other sleeping positions for obstruction. When sleeping on your back, the biggest culprit seems to be a pillow that is too firm or tall that causes the head to rock forward. Side-sleepers tend to let their jar drop the shoulder which is no different in terms of obstructive alignment. If you use a fairly thin flexible pillow, try pulling a corner of it between your jaw and shoulder. You will immediately feel the difference a collar provides and ensures regardless of movement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the same setting for nearly a month now.  A few observations

-I have had 2 nights with AHI below 5, which is a win.
-Average AHI has been 6.45
-5 hours is about the longest I have been able to tolerate the mask
-Therapy is helping.  I feel much better after a night with at least 4 hours on the mask.
-Collar doesn't seem to make much of difference on my numbers

Attached are charts from the past three nights...any advice is appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Bump.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok!, I'll give it a go. A lot of these events look positional. With that said, you are starting off at 6 cm on the EPAP but your needs indicate you need a starting pressure of 12.0 cm. You also are hitting your IPAP limit of 17 cm. My idea is to have an upper limit that is just above what you normally need, for those special moments. I would try setting the IPAP to 18. This is just a 6% increase in pressure and shouldn't be a shock to you if it is reached. I am looking for peaks and not plateaus on the upper limit.

Please don't take my recommendations as the gospel. I urge you to study your graphs and make your own decision.

Good luck! Keep us informed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help.   I set the IPAP to 18 as suggested.  I  only bumped up the EPAP to 8 because the high EPAP has tended to give me problems but I am open to increasing it if needed.

Last night I had the best AHI ever at 1.96.   Will give it a few nights at these pressures unless chart suggests changes. 

Chart attached.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 239 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 932 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 91 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  New User Please Help with my chart apapnoob 11 508 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
  Japanese sleep test vs. Lofta/WatchPAT discrepancy + flow chart morphology analysis? woodenwaterbottle 3 4,419 01-24-2024, 03:05 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.