Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP & COVID-19 - JUST WONDERING
RE: CPAP & COVID-19 - JUST WONDERING
Tin foil hats and straw men.  What an army!!
Post Reply Post Reply
In school, I wasn't good at class.

Except science.

Coffee Colombian!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the government, a guideline or a suggestion is taken as an "order." Some do it right...some do it differently.

"As of Wednesday night, 80,204 people had confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New York City. Of those, 20,474, or nearly 26%, required hospitalization at some point. All told, 4,260 died, more than 5% of those who have tested positive. Other cities and regions have not reported data in the same way, so it’s hard to draw comparisons. In California, for instance, 2,714 patients with COVID-19 were hospitalized as of Wednesday, of which 1,154 were in the ICU, more than 42%. Another 3,078 people who were suspected o have COVID-19 were also hospitalized, and 522 of those were in intensive care. Some states’ data includes many unknowns. Massachusetts, for example, reported that 1,583 of its 16,790 COVID-19 patients required hospitalization, as of Wednesday. Another 4,717 did not. But the state listed the bulk of its cases, 10,490, as being under investigation. <Source: https://www.propublica.org/article/we-st...ovid-19&gt;

MA is following the original guidelines on death certificates which suggest other states may be inflating the number with presumptions.

My point -- dodgy data is being used to make political calculations that appear to be crippling our nation constitutionally and economically. I have yet to see an explanation of how a graph that is dependent on ongoing testing means anything since the cases will rise in proportion of testing efforts. With no difference in reporting between confirmations of active disease with PCR testing or past disease with serology for antibodies.

And, again, how does one correctly calculate a fatality rate without a reliable denominator.

Forgot to mention: I don't drink coffee -- so I must be drinking government Kool-Aid? (LOL)
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty sure someone will gladly consume your allotment of coffee. stay safe
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to throw a little wrench into the death rate analysis. There are 3 noted mutated virus. A, B and C. In this article they show which mutation is in each country.

US has A, Canada has B, Singapore and Hong Kong C. I guess it might be reasonable to expect a different death rate based on which virus is experienced.

What the article doesn't explain is why China has mostly type B and only some A.

I read an article a while back (on China's virus) that indicated the virus mutated and
The second was was less virulent and that it hadn't spread because it arose on or about the time of the quarantine. So possibly this accounts for it if the samples mostly came from the later samples. Maybe?

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/10/coronavir...to=cbshare
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 22 1,988 01-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: subconscious
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 352 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Health] AHI Increased - Covid Positive amfar33 2 411 12-27-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Unique situation, wondering if anyone could elaborate on my study kc90 6 537 12-27-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.