Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] CPAP sd card data logging principle
Question 
CPAP sd card data logging principle
Hello to everyone

I am using DreamStation 2. I bought the sd card 2 weeks after using the device. The doctor said, after using the device for 1 month, come to control. I inserted the sd card 2 weeks later. Should I go to the doctor's control after 2 weeks? Or should I wait for 1 month from now?

Sum up: 

When sd card is inserted in cpap devices, report data is written before the card is inserted?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP sd card data logging principle
Detailed data is written to the SD card as the device is used. It must be in place before starting therapy. Summary data like the hours of use and AHI are stored in the machine and written to the SD card when it is inserted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi xxxxqwe! Welcome

You have the latest Dreamstation model. It may be different, but CPAP machines normally require the SD card to be in the CPAP while it is in use to collect detailed sleep data. If you insert the SD card in the CPAP after using it will only provide summary data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 08:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Detailed data is written to the SD card as the device is used. It must be in place before starting therapy.  Summary data like the hours of use and AHI are stored in the machine and written to the SD card when it is inserted.

I got it. Then I need to go to the doctor after 1 month. Cause the doctor won't see my detailed reports.

Thank you Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, he could if he wanted to. Detailed data is sent to the manufacturer (Philips/ResMed) and they can subscribe to a service where they can access it, though I don't believe that many do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 08:17 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi xxxxqwe!   Welcome

You have the latest Dreamstation model.   It may be different, but CPAP machines normally require the SD card to be in the CPAP while it is in use to collect detailed sleep data.  If you insert the SD card in the CPAP after using it will only provide summary data.

Hi Crimson Nape! thank youSmile Then maybe the doctor can see my old detailed data. I will wait and see. I'll write the result here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2021, 09:01 AM)Gideon Wrote: Actually, he could if he wanted to.  Detailed data is sent to the manufacturer (Philips/ResMed) and they can subscribe to a service where they can access it, though I don't believe that many do.

Sad Yes, unfortunately I agree. Judging by the technology we have, it's actually a very simple thing. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
My new Airsense 10 came without a card. When I asked my DME about this I was told I didn't need one as they (and my doctor) could access it wirelessly. Did your doctor specifically ask that you bring in a card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2021, 10:34 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: My new Airsense 10 came without a card.  When I asked my DME about this I was told I didn't need one as they (and my doctor) could access it wirelessly.  Did your doctor specifically ask that you bring in a card?

fyi, ResMed machines write far more detailed data to the card than they send to ResMed through the cellular connection. Your doctor can see more extensive summary data but it is still not the fine detail you can see on the card using OSCAR (or ResScan).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this information, Guy. I briefly saw the print-out my DME had when talking to an RT there last month about getting a different mask set-up. It looked to be a double-sided sheet of paper and the leak details were quite detailed--didn't see anything else. That's how i found out I was being monitored!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,130 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  [Pressure] Fairly new to CPAP, need help interpreting OSCAR data Maverick3u3 5 300 02-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Maverick3u3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.