Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Can you get too much air ?
Sad 
Can you get too much air ?
Hi All, 

I am a self diagnosed apnea person who went ahead and got a resmed autosense 10 without a sleep study. I will get a sleep study in about 4 months as the waiting lists here in the UK are long at the moment - I did my own research and felt comfortable enough in my understanding to make the purchase. 

I have set the machine up myself and this morning woke up this morning feeling 'different'. not necessarily bad but definitely different. This was my first night on CPAP.  It's like I have had too much coffee. I had no problem sleeping with it on whatsoever and the resmed myair app told me that I scored 95/100 in terms of use age.

My question is; can CPAP be dangerous ? I have the pressure set at the range 4 to 14cm. This morning my average pressure was around 9cm according to the machine itself. 

I am going to post the OSCAR screenshots in a few days to get your expert opinions but until then - could I be setting myself up to hyperventilate, I feel like almost a nervous energy (...... again, like I have had too much caffeine) ?

thanks in advance for your advice. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can you get too much air ?
Welcome to the forum. ResMed AirSense 10 is a model line that includes 4 models. I'm assuming that you have the AutoSet based on the pressure of 4-15. The min pressure should be 6 or 7 (possibly higher) pending what setting you are using for EPR.

Hyperventilation? CPAPs to improve your ventilation, so it is possible but very rare (I haven't seen it yet).
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea board forum, there is settings on your machine to make you exhale easier that is called EPR 1-3 . When you post OSCAR snapshots the folks here who have a lot more experience than I will help you dial in your machine to fit your sleep rest time.
I just bought my 2nd RESMED Airsense10 /autoset and really enjoy the product quality after my 1st one had 5 years use with no problems at all.( 13,500 hrs carefree use.)
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you- Ill keep this is mind. 

Yep, I have the autoset.

definitely, ill post my results in a few days Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Apneabeater I agree with Bonjour raise your minimum pressure to 7 that way with an EPR of 3 you’ll get full benefit of the EPR
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.