Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration showing up on OSCAR. Concern?
Cheyne Stokes Respiration showing up on OSCAR. Concern?
Hello good people,
  • I have recently lost a lot of weight with diet and exercise (around 30 pound).
  • I was sick a few days ago with a pretty bad cold.
  • I started getting ridiculous aerophagia and could not sleep. EPR is already set to max.
  • I figured, maybe my pressure needs to be re-adjusted. So, I switched the CPAP mode to Auto (my steady/CPAP-mode pressure was 12).
  • Aerophagia disappeared as soon as I switched. Now, the median pressure shows as 8.
  • I am going to see the doctor about the pressure in a couple of weeks (appointment).
  • However, past two days, I have gotten CSR events of 13 minutes on each night.
  • I am wondering if I need to worry about it and get help urgently?

Here are the two charts:

[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/9e13acdd-f1f1-4b25-8637-57a26523c6ff[/img]

[img]blob:http://www.apneaboard.com/ac2caa40-f751-4dc3-a969-dfef3e2d3e94[/img]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cheyne Stokes Respiration showing up on OSCAR. Concern?
Where is the Cheyne-Stokes?  I see obstructed apneas.  Cheyne-Stokes should be associated with CAs.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR shows the green shaded area as CSR.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed reports ALL Periodic Breathing as CSR. This is definitely not CSR!
Please post an entire day and always include the left sidebar without the Piechart and calendar as it contains important stats about your apnea and breathing.

I see minor clusters of obstructive events indicating that you may have a positional problem, these clusters of periodic breathing also support that and that you should increase your min pressure. Seeing your full days chart would help with specifics for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have attached the full charts.
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 68 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 266 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 263 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Diagnosis] Cheyne Stokes Respiration & Severe OSA Keymom0122 2 92 04-08-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Keymom0122
  Cheynes stoke respiration, false flag or accurate? BDGold99 4 249 03-31-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 454 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 865 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.