Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Comfort Setting for NO FLEX??
Comfort Setting for NO FLEX??
Hi, All -- I have successfully been using CPAP for 15 years. Just got a new Dreamstation and am having great trouble with the so-called comfort settings. I cannot stand hearing myself breathing. I am on a setting of 8. On the comfort menu, there is a "button" for C-Flex off and beside it a button for C-Flex numbers. Mine are set to off and 1. I want it completely off. If it says off and 1, is it really off? (My old RemMaster Pro M series does not have this breathing sound that keeps me awake.) Help! PLEASE!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Comfort Setting for NO FLEX??
Agree, if it says off, then it should be off.

Order your Clinicians manual here.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

The hearing your own breathing issue annoys me too. I’ve always used some sort of white noise in my bedroom, like a fan or humidifier.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your profile says you are not using a humidifier. I had a noise problem with my older PR 560 when I tried not using the humidifier when dry camping in our trailer using a battery pack. I found out using passover humidification (water in the tank but no heat there and heated hose turned off) made a difference. Others with PR machines have reported the same thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the idea. I just sent for the manual.

Never thought of that. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2019, 01:26 PM)O2ZZZZ Wrote: Thank you for the idea. I just sent for the manual.

Never thought of that. Thanks.

A lot of new folk don’t know they can order a Clinicians manual. Link at top of every page.
This manual will show you how to get into that secret menu and make the changes you want. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my manual!!! Thank you so much!  I made an appointment with my sleep doctor who is too willing to see me for two seconds to change the settings on my CPAP when I can do it myself in 2 seconds!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2019, 12:06 PM)whyme? Wrote: Just got my manual!!! Thank you so much!  I made an appointment with my sleep doctor who is too willing to see me for two seconds to change the settings on my CPAP when I can do it myself in 2 seconds!

Where’s your compassion? If you’re doing this yourself, how can the doc charge your insurance for his boat or RV payment?

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know! Right!
Post Reply Post Reply
A humidifier will help dull the sound.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, if it says off then it's off (even though the other one says 1).

I sleep better (and feel better during the day) with the flex/EPR off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 314 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.