Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Too Sleepy's Therapy Thread
Too Sleepy's Therapy Thread
Hello,

I had a previous thread where some helpful people gave me advice to adjust my minimum pressure up to 7cm with an EPR of 3. For reference, my original sleep study AHI was 11 which was comprised of purely hypopneas without significant oxygen desaturation. Effectively you could say that I have UARS.

However, after nearly 8 weeks I still feel tired and I'm getting worse. I looked at my flow rate and the flow graph doesn't ever really look uniform. There are some periods of uniform flow but there's a lot of spikes and 'weird' moments (at least to my eyes).

Does anybody know what's going on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Uneven flow rate with many spikes in OSCAR?
I'll take a stab here. It does seem like you are experiencing some sort of flow limitation, and your inhale/exhale ratio is consistent with what I have seen with people with UARS (myself included).

Your pressure settings are pretty low, how did you arrive at them? Also, what are your leaks doing all night? Are those centrals correlated with leaks?

Could you post your data for a whole night to see what is going on?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for replying.

1- I arrived at them by following the trend of the APAP algorithm. When I had the min=4cm there APAP would go to around 7cm and hover there most of the time, and for a while that was the 95% figure. Now that I raised the min to 7cm the 95% pressure is 8.2cm.
2- My leaks are minimal and controlled. I use a chin-strap.
3- I don't think the centrals are related to the leaks.
4- Here is a screenshot of the entire night below.

Do you think the entire time I've been under-titrated? As in, the APAP algorithm has never detected the flow limitations and raised to the appropriate pressure? This is why I'm still tired and getting worse?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Does anybody else have any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 67 1,175 1 hour ago
Last Post: jcp519
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 851 8 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,064 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 578 Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 480 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 529 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 811 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.