Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Day 4 with CPAP!
RE: Day 4 with CPAP!
What I found useful was wearing while awake. To help get use to the higher pressure hold your breath and the machine will ramp up pressure.  You might have to do it several  times to get pressure to your high setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy Fourth!

Finally got around to tweaking all the settings according to the instructions.

Here's a screenshot from last night with all of the things turned off. Would love to know what you all see, since the different numbers (other than AHI) don't mean very much to me yet.

I've figured out that I had been taking the mask off in the mornings when there's been some leak, and air is blowing into my face or nose. Now, instead of taking it off completely I have been able to move the nasal pillows back in place to stop the leak, without having to get up to do that.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You will, in time, become so proficient at adjusting for leaks that you won't notice doing it. Smile

I've just changed masks for the 3rd time in my quest for a less bulky rig than my old standby ResMed Mirage Activa LT.  I'll post a review of the ResMed N30i after I've used it for a few days... but for now, an anecdote - it's such an improvement over my previous attempt that I woke up yesterday with the realization that I had been unconsciously adjusting the previous mask in my sleep. I noticed this because when I reflexively attempted to adjust the new one (needlessly) I woke up because it didn't feel like the old mask. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on this last chart.  With your Autoset at 6.0 minimum and 11.0 maximum, EPR 2 and Ramp on at 4 for a short duration, you are getting very good results, and your pressure settings look good.  Your pressure is rising periodically due to flow limitations, and these are also correlated with the hypopnea events, which is the most common feature. You had a couple obstructive apnea right out of ramp, and I think you should set your ramp minimum pressure to 6.0 or just turn it off.  I think eventually you might do better with EPR at 3.  This should slightly reduce flow limits, and might increase comfort.  Your results are certainly good enough.  If you want to try EPR at 3 and see if it feels more or less comfortable, that is a user-settable comfort setting.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13435]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.