Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Dizzy head, foggy brain after using CAP
RE: Dizzy head, foggy brain after using CAP
You can choose a section randomly. It might be good to compare a section that looks symmetrical with a section that has a shorter bottom half of the wave form (exhale). Mainly just want to see what normal looks like for you to see if it offers insights the data is not providing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dizzy head, foggy brain after using CAP
Hi all,

As a update on my issue, I simply copy my reply to a thread titled "Increased palpitations during the day"  Could you please provide some comments?
Many thanks!

=============================My reply to a thread titled ""Increased palpitations during the day"======================[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Increased-palpitations-during-the-day][/url]
Hi pkonin,
How are you now after two years?

I am not a senior CPAPer, and my response below is just based on my experience these days (sound of my body with CPAP around four weeks: I am still listening to my body now). Thus, just don't take my opinion seriously.

Simply speaking, if you don't any heart problems and blood pressure problems before using CPAP, this might be caused by the reduced blood pressure after using CPAP (which is actually a good thing for many people those blood pressures are higher than normal before using CPAP), especially when the pressure setting of CPAP is not optimal (could be too high at the beginning for your body).

In my case, I used a auto pressure 5 - 20 at the beginning of two weeks, and felt obvious (though endurable) head dizziness, walking grogginess, foggy brain, slight difference in heart beating from before using CPAP. Before using CPAP, I never had these problems.

Then I visited the therapist in a routine appointment, they set my pressure to a fixed high value 14, I used this for another two weeks. Head dizziness and walking grogginess seemed to have disappeared (maybe not 100%), and this happened from the first day I used this fixed value of 14. This made me related head dizziness and walking grogginess to the large variation of the CPAP pressure from 5 to 20 (mostly large fluctuations between 10 to 17 during night, one cycle followed by another). Senior members, could you please comment on this?

But with a high fixed pressure of 14, brain fogginess were still there, and I also experienced two slight palpitations. This worried me, and I went to my GP, and GP gave me ECG and measured blood pressure, and thought all were good. He also let me to do a chest X-ray and Holter monitor. I will update the information after the consultation with my GP next week. In this week's consultation, my GP said this does not worry him (though he took everything serious from the patient's perspective), and thought this might be caused by the reduced blood pressure. My GP also suggested me to tune down the pressure to 12.

I used the lower pressure (12) for five days now, and brain fogginess seemed to be disappearing (exactly, my brain almost came back to normal- still slight foggy sometimes), and this happened from the first day (actually the night beforeI used this lower pressure of 12. So far, with the pressure of 12, I don't have any palpitations, and hope everything will go well in the future.  Senior members, could you please comment on this?

From my experience, you can see the pressure setting of CPAP machine is very important. I will keep listening the sound of my body and working with the senior members  in this forum to further optimise the pressure setting of my machine.

To make everything safe, I also suggest visiting your GP to rule out other possible health problems through e.g. blood test, X-ray, ECG, and Holter monitor, etc. 

All the best,
Tasboy111
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 69 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 178 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 680 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,380 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 4 391 01-27-2024, 04:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Still tired and dizzy after 8 months of CPAP Laurentdeebee 8 1,813 01-09-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Laurentdeebee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.