Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
RE: Does the infarction affect the breathing in the device?
(06-02-2019, 11:41 PM)lech Wrote: One thing that is surprising is that this is a fairly recent problem for you, and really started getting much worse about mid-May. What changed in your health then? 

18th of may - infarct

This coincides with my observation of the onset of the Cheyne Stokes and significant increase in your central events.  It is urgent that your doctors be made to recognize that the infarct has had significant impacts on your pulmonary and respiratory health, with observable and important adverse changes.  I realize you have appointments coming up with your doctors, but these kinds of events are urgent enough to warrant going to the emergency room at the hospital to be checked out and evaluate if you have an ongoing atrial fibrillation or other cardio-pulmonary issue.  I suspect that your heart is continuing to be damaged, and the sooner you do this the better.  I can only assume you have other symptoms that warrant getting a higher level of urgent care.  Please do not wait for a routine follow-up appointment. 

I am not a medical doctor and cannot help you on these issues. My awareness of an association between the Cheyne Stokes Respiration, central apnea, and other anomalies in your results comes from looking at these issues as a layman for a number of years, and coaching many many members here on the forum.  Your charts look like the rare ones I have seen from patients with known heart failure.  Please get this looked at immediately. Longer term, you may need ASV other other bilevel with backup rate to treat this. Short term, your problem seems to have progressed in a very concerning way. I don't know why your doctor has disregarded this up to now, but do not accept his dismissal of these very very serious symptoms. You need and EKG, and ASK FOR A TROPONIN BLOOD TEST! This is a test for a protein which is a sensitive marker of ongoing heart damage. https://labtestsonline.org/tests/troponin
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Today I had an EKG at the hospital. OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's good to hear. It's impossible from here to know if you have an ongoing problem, or if symptoms are the result of damage from the original MI. At this point the question will be what is the extent of damage, and to get appropriate treatment for the new pulmonary issues of Cheyne-Stokes and central apnea. If you want additional copies of screenshots for your doctors I can help provide those for you to print. I don't know how your healthcare system works in Poland regarding access to advanced bilevel machines like ASV, but here in the U.S. you check all the boxes in terms of events. I suppose it would be nice if this would just spontaneously resolve, and it may, but meanwhile you need to look at whether it is affecting your ability to get oxygen at night. An inexpensive and easy way to find out is to use a recording oximeter. This is the oxygen sensor you wear on your finger, and it records the results as you sleep. It can determine if you need a change in therapy or supplemental oxygen as a result of the CSR and central apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want additional copies of screenshots for your doctors I can help provide those for you to print.

Yes, please.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was at my doctor today with an unannounced visit. He could not read my SD card, so we'll have an appointment for a longer visit on Saturday. He took a look at what you wrote and says you may be right. As a result of heart damage, I probably have central apnea right now. It will require a different camera, unfortunately more expensive ($ 5,000 Sad ).
We'll see on Saturday.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a prescription, there are U.S. suppliers that will provide ASV at a much lower cost plus shipping. Supplier #2 for example, frequently has the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto for $1750 that is "gently used". These typically have only a few hundred hours. New units are available for about $2150, and they will charge about $100 shipping. It can save a lot of money in most European, Asian countries as well as Australia. Most medical devices can be purchased without VAT and other tariffs. Supplier #33 is also worth checking for price and shipping.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you give me exact guidance on these suppliers? My doctor also said that slightly used are much cheaper. What is the name of this camera? I will certainly pay VAT for Polish customs officers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found these suppliers under your links
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw on the Internet that in Poland AirCurve 10 with a mask costs about $ 1,600, and after deducting partial financing by the Health Fund even $ 1,120. But I do not know if this is the camera that I need. The doctor talked about the camera for about $ 5,000

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello lech. Welcome to Apnea Board. I don't understand the reference about the camera? The link you posted was to a sight that rents CPAP equipment, it doesn't mention a camera. I had to remove the link because it's a commercial link.

It looks like you can buy a AirCurve 10 for far less than the $5000 quoted by your doctor? And you are concerned that the less expensive AirCurve 10 may not be the same as the one the doctor wants to prescribe for you? If so, it's a good thing you are concerned. You need to find out which AirCurve 10 your doctor is prescribing. The more expensive versions treat conditions that are more complicated than simple obstructive sleep apnea.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 101 2,458 15 minutes ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 229 1 hour ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 335 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 347 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,026 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,176 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 196 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.