Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] DreamStation Auto CPAP
DreamStation Auto CPAP
Hello to everyone,
I have been trying CPAP off and on for the last two years, not having much luck. Recently restarted. Any advice suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am using a Dream Station Auto with a Dream wear full face mask. Heated humidification. Current setting per Dr. (who dose not offer much help) 8 to 20. I do not have to much objections to the higher pressure except for the occasional leak that wakes me up and sometimes dryness when mouth opened. I just wake up or come out of a deep sleep and notice the CPAP therapy and have difficulties falling back to sleep, after what seems like an eternity. I take it off. If one were think that they were tired prior to CPAP therapy one can only imagine what one feels like from unsuccessful therapy on CPAP. I have also noticed that I wake up during my dreaming phase of sleep. I have Oscar loaded and am willing to share any data if needed. just tell me what one  would like. I desperately want to make this work but am almost to the point of packing it up. I hear a lot of the successful stories as well as unsuccessful ones. In advance thanks for any advise.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Auto CPAP
OK for right now, just give us one standard OSCAR Daily chart view. Chart gurus will give some feedback and may ask for more, modified charts to see specific areas.

The link in my signature can describe standard view. Newer versions of OSCAR have the possibility to give the default standard view as a menu option I think.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a screen shot. Hope this is what was requested.
Thank you

Post Reply Post Reply
Based on what you’ve said I’d be setting a narrowing range to prevent the pressure rises in an effort to sleep through. Once you’re comfortable and sleeping 8 hours then you can start fine tuning.
My guess is that 10 to 12 would be a good start. 8 doesn’t seem to be doing much for you, but it’s hard to see as you have most event flags turned off.
Personally, I’d be turning off the Flex too. My guess is that’s what causing the periodic breathing. Dreamstation Flex doesn’t seem to suit many people.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2020, 07:51 PM)pahrump808 Wrote: Here is a screen shot. Hope this is what was requested.
Thank you

You did well, except the event flags need to be on.   Also, go to Preferences, and get rid of the VS2 flag.  These aren't real snores and only clutters the graph.  Leave the VS checked.  

Follow the "Organizing" link in my signature line.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

I do agree with a narrower range. Bring down the max pressure to 15 for now. The Flow Limitations are causing the pressure to rise.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At the bottom of your charts, in the lower left and right columns you see, on the above charts, PB and Events checked. Click/open them and make sure everything is checked.
I suspect you have events that are not showing.
Post Reply Post Reply
We actually know that there are OA, CA, H and VS events missing from these charts. VS is much more important to show than VS2 because the machine will increase pressure for VS, while VS2 is often something we turn off to reduce clutter. Just check the event types at the bottom left of the chart.

The Philips Dreamstation is slow to increase pressure ahead of obstructive events, and that is clearly the case here as well. Your minimum pressure is too low, and based on what we're seeing here, an increase to 10.0 cm should be your next step, and there is an argument for higher minimum pressure around 12.0, but we can take this in steps. Increasing minimum pressure will stabilize respiration, prevent airway restriction or obstruction, and reduce the pressure fluctuation you experience which should help with sleep disruption.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much for your response. I will make that change for tonight and send a report in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to all responses. I am trying to learn. Hope the current chart provides the information requested. I agree with raising the pressure. My initial set up was with a higher pressure. Upon sending a report to my Dr. before discovering this site she told me that the lower pressure was to high and ordered it lowered. I now disagree as I was staving for air. After the suggestion of raising pressure, I did so, I also turned off the Flex (that was a help) I also changed from adaptive to fixed humidification. This has helped and almost solved dryness except for the rain out in tube. Waiting for Dr. to order heated rubbing. (She is slow to respond). Hopefully with the heated tube things will be better. Last nigh I slept longer but am still tired. I know it takes time. The few night before last night the pressure was at 12 as suggested, last night I set it at 15 to 20, that seemed to work well, will  see as the next few nights go. I  look forward to the responses and interpretations.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
These results look pretty good, but would be better with a bilevel pressure like the Resmed CPAP can provide with EPR. You are down to a few hypopnea and RERA but it appears other events are fairly insignificant. Leak control is excellent. How are you feeling and are you comfortable with this higher pressure? If you can get an Airsense 10 Autoset, you'd eliminate all of this fairly easily.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 407 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 808 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 598 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 583 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 958 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.