Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] FlashAir III w/ PR System 1 A-Flex
FlashAir III w/ PR System 1 A-Flex
I recently replaced the stock SD card with a 16GB FlashAir III card (fat32), initialized it with FlashAir tool then overwrote the CONFIG file with that below.  All works well for a few hours, can run the xpap unit, saves to the card fine, can upload data with FlashPap that places data in Sleepyhead.  Rather randomly, usually sometime during the first night or when I stop the cpap, it writes to the card then reports a corrupt sd card and sometimes immediately goes into reformatting the card which it never finishes.  I take the card out and put in Win 10 box and all looks and works fine if it didn't try to reformat it. If it did reformat it some files on the card get wiped out or replaced with garbage. I've write/read surface scanned the card with two utilities, one being free port scanner the other minitool partition wizard and tests fine. Interestingly the xpap info screen reports only 17% free when it's actually 99% free.  Does this xpap require the card to be repartitioned smaller than 4GB and formatted as fat16?  I don't know what else to try.  As much time as I've spend this week trying to get stable operation I could have walked this card across the house every day for a year in less time. Frustrating!

[WLANSD]

ID=Cpap
DHCP_Enabled=YES

[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNAME=Cpap
APPSSID=TenX
APPNETWORKKEY=<secret>
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
UPLOAD=1
STA_RETRY_CT=0
HTTPDMODE=0
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01
CID=02544d535731364740d5ae7179011101
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
MASTERCODE=<secret>
COMMAND=fat cp /SD_WLAN/BCONFIG 1:/BCONFIG
COMMAND=fat cp /DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG 1:/FA000001.JPG
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir III w/ PR System 1 A-Flex
have you tried reserving the IP address for your FlashAir? Not sure that it will address the re-formatting, but kept on and off routine from happening to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi markn62,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Was the original card FAT16? I searched for an SD card memory limit and format spec for your machine, found nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same card in my Dreamstation Auto and on WIN10. It should be formatted FAT32 & this is my CONFIG file

#Fri Jun 09 19:17:57 MDT 2017
DNSMODE=0
APPMODE=4
CID=02544d535731364740d52d6879010c01
NOISE_CANCEL=0
APPNETWORKKEY=*********
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPNAME=flashair
APPSSID=Phil
LOCK=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
VENDOR=TOSHIBA
CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01

I have it MODE=4 so I have to connect to it via WiFi Vs over the router. I am doing this as I will be traveling in OZ for 3 months.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
That model CPAP may be just old enough not to recognize a SDHC card or is only limited to FAT16. I couldn't find any info to help with these two ideas.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really appreciate everyone's suggestions. Since my first post my xpap has error'd on the card twice again.  Really annoying when it happens at night beeping till I wake up and pull the card out.  Attached is a pic of the error displayed.  These last two I didn't tell the xpap to reformat the card but instead took it to my Win 10 box.  Running chkdsk d: /F the first time marked bad a couple sectors & kept all files intact so I thought great maybe it will be ok now, nope.  The last time the test came back clean, no problems.  So I thought I better double-check that I have Explorer set to show hidden and system files but system was still hidden and revealed a "system volume information" folder once corrected. It is now deleted and the card put back in the xpap, see how this goes this time.  Still reporting 17% free.

The original SD card is a Lexar, 2GB, Fat32, w/Phillips label.  It also had an SVI folder because I would take it to my PC and manually transfer P-series data and it never reported an error despite it's presence.  So it doesn't make sense the SVI folder would cause the error on the FlashAir card.  If removal of the SVI folder doesn't eliminate the error I think I'll retry a single 2G primary partition as fat32, like the original card, and see what happens.  Last time I tried repartitioning with Mini Tool Partition Magic it wouldn't take.   Thanks again everyone.  I'll keep posting status, hopefully success.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I used a Resmed S9, I had to be careful to set write protection on the SD card before I placed it in my computer as Windows does write indexing files to every drive it encounters. If I failed to do that, the machine would want to reformat the card every time. I don't think this is your issue if you didn't have to do that with the "normal" card, but just food for thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
markn62,
Do you have a regular 16 or 32 Gb SD card you could try in your machine?  Also, The S9 was the problem child with the Windows Sys files.  I have a registry mod file to disable or enable this feature in Windows.  

Here is the link if you would like it:

System Volume Write Disable/Enable

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Crims the original card the xpap was supplied with. Just enabled an item in Local Policy Editor to stop the folder creation. Can't edit the config file with card lock on so helpful. 

Came home this evening to a beeping xpap. Pulled the FlashAir & partitioned 2G of Fat16.

See how it goes...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,057 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,787 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,150 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 Heating System Fault JonathanLennox 6 12,518 04-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: 17WRX

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.