Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help me selecting the best CPAP Machine
RE: Help me selecting the best CPAP Machine
Hi ,

Thank you very much for your reply sleeprider.
I have gone through to the wiki optimizing therapy and understood that sleep collar can be used to improve my AHI result.
As I have informed that I have been using remstar auto for last two months with rent as aggreed with my DME ,,today I have received the report.Please check the same and provide your suggestions I can see AHI is down to 1.9 I think.
Today i have received dreamstation auto for next 15 days as rent then I will get the report 
Next is to get the well know resmed autosence autoset for 15 days to check and see the report 

So i am going step by step .
But I am very much impressed with autoset as I have got feedback from you all about the same and specially
 Thanks to sleeprider and other members 

But my question is AHI is 1.9 ,,but still ok am not my maximum satisfaction or i  am suffering from insomnia 

Can you please check the sleep.report and suggest ,sorry unable to attach the same report as it exceeds 1 mb 

Thanks and regards
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2019, 01:06 PM)a.k.mishra Wrote: sorry unable to attach the same report as it exceeds 1 mb 

One possibility is to use a file host (cloud storage), like Dropbox or similar, and post a link to that upload here.

But if the file is a PDF, it's easier to split the PDF into two or more pieces and upload each of those as a different attachment. How you do the splitting depends on what operating system you're using and what other software you have available to work with PDFs. For instance, on a Mac, I just do "Save as PDF" from a Print dialog and select the page range that I want, then do that again for another page range, resulting in two or more new PDFs that are smaller, leaving the original file unchanged.
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   Pages 9 to12.pdf (Size: 272.25 KB / Downloads: 16) [
.pdf   page 4 to 8.pdf (Size: 501.31 KB / Downloads: 17)

.pdf   12 to last.pdf (Size: 223.54 KB / Downloads: 13)
.pdf   first 3 page.pdf (Size: 463.73 KB / Downloads: 19)
Thank You.Please find all the report attached. i couldn't do it form my mobile yesterday.Today i have done it form my TP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine will work with the Sleepyhead software which can provide much better reports. Based on what you posted, the Philips Auto CPAP has a minimum pressure of 4.0, and the auto pressure is not sufficiently increasing pressure to prevent the hypopnea. The solution to the events you are having is a higher minimum pressure. I will suggest 8.0 based on your 90% pressure being 8.5 cm (page 6). Setting the minimum at 8.0 will allow the machine to get ahead of the events and should provide a more restful sleep with more stable pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2019, 10:27 AM)a.k.mishra Wrote: Thank you very much for your reply 

I understand comparatively the resmed one is better compared to dreamstation..

In that case can we go for the travel CPAP like resmed airmini  or dreamstation go ?

Are thesetravel CPAP are powerful like their auto standard one ??

So what should one choose airmini or go one ,,or is it better to go for the standard auto one not the travel.one ?

Regards

I have purchased and used both ResMed products -- the S9 and the AirSense 10 and Air Mini -- and Phillips products. I currently used only the Phillips Respironics DreamStation Go -- both at home and on travel.

I personally find the DreamStation Go to be the very best machine. I much, much prefer its algorithms, its software, and its noise levels to the ResMed machines. (So does my wife who listens to me and the machine!)

You definitely will find a ton of misinformation on this and other threads. For example, the Dreamstation Go does have a new compact Heated Humidifier that is far superior to the Resmed. Much better than the noisy Air Mini solution. 

You can find my long review of the Go elsewhere on this site. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-s-Choice

I like the Go machine so much I have two. One for home bedside; one for travel bag. Phillips approves both uses.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Friends,

Now I have used my dreamstation auto with 15 days trial and received the report ,attaching the same for all of your info

I have now started the 5 days trial for reamed airsence 10 autoset,can attach only the screenshot for the same.
I have used both machine in automode with minimal airpressure of 8.0 ,i.e the starting pressure 8.0 and even 9.0 as well.

In both the reports it's bit strange  that I find CAI same as AHI ..

So I am bit concerned if I have developed central apnea by using CPAP..

Is Central apnea is same as Clear airway apnea.??

If I can decrease the pressure to default 4.0 to see if there is no CAI..

Please check the report and suggest .

For your info in India ,,we have yet to get the autoset for her ..only autoset is available..

Attached Files
.pdf   DetailedReport1-3.pdf (Size: 202.35 KB / Downloads: 37)
.pdf   DetailedReport4-6.pdf (Size: 218.53 KB / Downloads: 28)
.pdf   DetailedReport7-9.pdf (Size: 230.18 KB / Downloads: 12)
.pdf   DetailedReport10-12.pdf (Size: 174.37 KB / Downloads: 18)
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all your results are very good, and the CA events are normal, and nothing to be worried about. The Philips machines use a pressure pulse to determine if the airway is open or closed (obstructed) during a breathing pause (apnea). It is common for people to hold their breath during a change in position and at times during sleep. CA events are more common during sleep onset and transitional sleep stages as shown in the session dated 3/9 in your charts where a cluster of mixed CA and OA are recorded at sleep onset. This is also called sleep-wake-junk (SWJ) and is a common occurrence. A CA event at the levels in your report is rarely a central breathing problem. CA events are very common as people start therapy, and they normally diminish as you adapt to the therapy and positive pressure. Your AHI, both central and obstructive is not a health concern as indicated in these charts. Based on these results, you will likely be prescribed CPAP pressure at 9.5 or variable CPAP 8-11.

As I recommended earlier, Sleepyhead is a much better graphic to look at to interpret your therapy results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply Sleeprider.
please find my last 4 days Resmed report output from my machine given below.

Avg. usage - 8.6 hr
used Hrs 34.5 hrs
Pressure - 10.3
Leak -6L/min
AHI 0.4
Total AI - 0.3
Central AI- 0.3

yesterday I raised the pressure from 8.0 to 9.0.
Resmed gives a better result set compared to Dreamstation.Is it because the Dreaamstation auto is advanced compared to the Resmed Airsence 10 Autpset.Please advise.

My concern is i have been using the  CPAP machine for last 75 days. But still I am feeling very very sleepy and rarely I am getting morning freshness.
only thing that I get is the muscles toning and tightness that works good ..but my dark circle below my eyes and day sleepiness in the day is not working fine on daily basis ...

when I started using the CPAP it was quite up to the mark but now  a days again I am feeling the same old life once again.

Can you please suggest how should I proceed with choosing and using the best CPAP machine  as well as  settings with the same device for  my daily use.

Regards
Ashutosh
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed is the better machine. It is more responsive to flow limitations and increases pressure before they occur. You can see that the pressure is higher on the Resmed, while the Philips rarely moved from minimum pressure. In addition, the Resmed has exhale pressure relief (EPR) which acts as a bilevel (BiPAP) machine with up to 3 cm difference between inhale and exhale. This can directly treat flow limitations and hypopnea. With Philips, you only get pressure, but with Resmed you get not only more pressure response, but bilevel pressure. It works, and we have not even optimized your settings. It is through the effective use of the settings and EPR that you will feel better, because even though flow limitations are not counted in your AHI, it can have a very disruptive effect on your sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to that of am geeting this result in both the machine after using cervical collar as recommended by you in the board ...

What about my daytime sleepiness and no.morning freshness

Should I use the cervical collar as well ??
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,560 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 232 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 159 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 195 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 407 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 858 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 273 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.