Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings
RE: Help with CPAP data and settings
There is a slightly periodic nature so it is hard to say if this is obstructive or central in nature. There appears to be flow limitation so I would think at least part of this is obstructive.

It looks like you are currently set at a pressure of 8 cm with no exhalation relief. Exhalation relief will help with the flow limitation and hypopneas if they are obstructive in nature. Looking through your manual it looks like exhalation relief is called smartflex. I would probably start at setting 2, always on and set rounding to 3 for both inhalation and exhalation. That seems like a middle ground to start with.

I would increase pressure to 10 cm as well, exhalation relief will lower your EPAP and raising to 10 cm will likely keep EPAP roughly the same. 

These changes will either help and will reduce your events or it will turn things into more obvious periodic breathing and cause central apneas (if these events are central in nature). I would try for a night then check results to see which way it seems to be headed. If there is improvement then you can consider trying to further optimize settings (increasing smartflex to 3, adjusting rounding factors, increasing pressure further etc) or leave for a few days to collect more data. If things get worse (centrals occur) then turn smartflex back off.
Post Reply Post Reply
I adjusted the setting according to your input.

I'll try to post the results tomorrow morning.
At the moment there is another issue I'm having with importing data from SD.

In the OSCAR software the last day of import is the 10th of January.
I've been trying to sync the data from the last two days and I had no luck.

Does anybody else have the same issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would make sure the data exists on your SD card. Not knowing its format, I'm unable to tell you where to look.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2020, 11:13 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I would make sure the data exists on your SD card.  Not knowing its format, I'm unable to tell you where to look.

I’ve tried the following things:
- formating the card are reinserting in the CPAP device
-updating the card multiple times

Is there any other way for verifying if the data is there?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm listing thoughts as they come to mind.
  • Is your "Write Protect" turned off?  
  • While the SD card is in your PC, try copying a small text file to it and then try reading the copied file.  
  • SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. Try using another card.
  • How old is your CPAP?  A card slot can go bad, but not often.

Sorry I do not have a definitive answer for you. Confused
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2020, 12:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'm listing thoughts as they come to mind.
  • Is your "Write Protect" turned off?  
  • While the SD card is in your PC, try copying a small text file to it and then try reading the copied file.  
  • SD cards can go bad in a heartbeat. Try using another card.
  • How old is your CPAP?  A card slot can go bad, but not often.

Sorry I do not have a definitive answer for you. Confused

I managed to copy a picture on it and open it with paint and edit it from the card. 

I bought my CPAP on the 27 of March 2019. 

I erased everything from it and imported again.

I still get data up to the 10th of January.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does OSCAR show any data for those dates? I have noticed that sometimes if you upload a short session(a nap or test etc) then it will think it already has all the data and then won't try to search for more. This can be overcome by selecting the date in OSCAR then going to data, advanced, purge current selected day then reuploading the SD card data.

When you insert your sd card into the computer it should have some sort of folder structure. With resmed there is a datalog folder and inside that are folders for each day of use (folder name format is year month day, for example 20200113 for today). I am assuming the devilbiss is similar and you might be able to check if there is a folder for today. If the naming is not obvious look at the date created/modified for the folder to see if there is one from the days you are looking for.

One other idea is if you forgot to insert the sd card those nights they might not have been recorded. Or if you had accidentally locked the sd card (look at little sliding plastic lock feature) then it can't be written to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: today OSCAR registered the data from Saturday.

Basically the last three days information is not uploaded into OSCAR.
The day before yesterday (12th of January) I  got data into OSCAR up to the 9th of January
Yesterday (13th of January) I got data into OSCAR up to the 10th of January.
Today (14th of January) I got data into OSCAR up to the 11th of January.

There might be a three days delay in sync for some strange reasons that I do not understand.

I attached the folder structure in the picture.

The device I'm using has a built in memory that records data up to a certain amount of time.
I do not know the exact amount of time but I can tell for sure it is longer than 90 days.

I've also tried the settings you've specified @Geer1 but I can't say for sure there were any real improvements.
If the pattern mentioned earlier in the post is followed I might be able to provide data as well on the 17th of January.

Thank you for the support you provide so far. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If I had to guess your date on machine is a couple days out of sync. You should be able to confirm this by looking at the date setting on the machine. If you look at the data in Oscar you will be able to see if the settings were new ones you just programmed in. 

We need to see new charts with the new settings to see what if any changes have occurred.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2020, 03:10 PM)Geer1 Wrote: If I had to guess your date on machine is a couple days out of sync. You should be able to confirm this by looking at the date setting on the machine. If you look at the data in Oscar you will be able to see if the settings were new ones you just programmed in. 

We need to see new charts with the new settings to see what if any changes have occurred.

Sorry for late reply. 

At first I would have guessed the same thing,  but the settings on the machine are coresponding to dates On which I used them. 

I used:
- a pressure of 12 on the 11th of January
- a pressure of 10 on the 12th of January
- the settinngs you recommended on the 13th and 14th of January

I will move to the PC and attach the results
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 5 155 Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 164 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 5 137 04-19-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: rygonzo93
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 193 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 246 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 127 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 350 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.