Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings
RE: Help with CPAP data and settings
Correction: on the 12th I decreased the pressure to 9 because I couldn't handle the 12 pressure.

I've tried again to increase the pressure to 12 this afternoon for a nap but I kept waking up with air puffing out of my mouth.

I'm currently switching back to the settings suggested by you.

I will be able to post the result of the settings suggested by you tomorrow morning (in about 9 hours).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok so a few things.

On the 11th it shows your machine was in APAP mode with min of 8, max of 12. That is good news that you do have APAP mode, lets forget about basic CPAP mode and stay with APAP. That night it looks like you APAP maxed out at 12, you are too zoomed in on the graphs but I am guessing based on number of hypopneas it increased quickly and remained there.

It doesn't look like you turned smartflex on in either of these graphs. Turning smartflex on will help make it easier to exhale which may stop you from opening mouth. 

So far you have posted 3 graphs. One was fixed pressure at 8 cm and you had 40 ahi. One was fixed pressure at 9 cm and you had 32 ahi. One was 8-12 APAP mode which appeared to max out at 12 cm and you only had 15 ahi. Seems like a pretty clear trend to me and the higher pressure is reducing your ahi/hypopneas.

Smartflex will help with comfort, probably mouth breathing and the hypopneas as well. Lets get it turned on and I would probably set it at the max setting (3). Make sure you are in APAP mode and leave the range at 8-12. If the machine maxes out it will be providing 12 cm on inhale and only 9 cm on exhale (assuming smartflex setting of 3 corresponds with 3 cm pressure relief). Lets try that for a night or two and see what that does.
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry for the late reply

I've overslept yesterday and didn't get to post the results.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would expect to see a green EPAP line if your smartflex was on. Have you turned it on?

Where is the flow rate graph? Either hidden or maybe you didn't have sd card in machine so it didn't record?

Something seems a little strange on the APAP night, I don't get why pressure stayed at 10 if you were having that many hypopneas.

Try to confirm smartflex is on and working (you should be able to feel that it is easier to exhale) and then I would say try it at the same settings another night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2020, 10:42 PM)Geer1 Wrote: I would expect to see a green EPAP line if your smartflex was on. Have you turned it on?

Where is the flow rate graph? Either hidden or maybe you didn't have sd card in machine so it didn't record?

Something seems a little strange on the APAP night, I don't get why pressure stayed at 10 if you were having that many hypopneas.

Try to confirm smartflex is on and working (you should be able to feel that it is easier to exhale) and then I would say try it at the same settings another night.
I had a few busy days at work and didn’t manage to spend enough time with OSCAR and the data I was uploading here. I’ll try to come back with more precise information tomorrow morning. 
Thank you very much for your support Geer1! It really means a lot to me! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Many of your hypopnea are clustered suggesting a positional issue such as tucking the chin to the chest which restricts the airway. See the link below on soft cervical collars and the link in the article to positional apnea.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The reported MV is very high. Is that a quirk of the way Oscar and this particular machine interact?
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to get those leaks under control! Until you do those hypopneas will continue. Your leaks are so high that you machine couldn’t possibly compensate. You have a large leak almost all night long. Once you get your leaks to around 12 or so then you’ll have a much better idea of where you stand. Your getting all those because it’s almost like you’re not wearing it because you basically have no pressure in your airway. Until that’s fixed no setting change will help because you’re not getting proper therapy. Just my opinion but I almost positive I’m right
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed the leak rate as well but the leak rate graph and flagged large leak times don't make sense. In the first data (post #3) a large leak was flagged at a point of the lowest leak of the night and not during the high leak rate points...

I think it is something to do with the machine. It seems to flat line/minimize around 34 so I was assuming that might be steady state (no leak), either that or there is a constant leak somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
The leak rate chart starts at 25. That would explain why his tidal volume is so low and his minute vent is quite high
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 165 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 223 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.