Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] How to read machine hours on ResMed S9
How to read machine hours on ResMed S9
Does anyone know how to read the hours of total usage on the ResMed S9?

I know how to enter the clinician menu but don't see the info there.
I see where you can see how many hours the patient used the machine and how you can reset that to 0, but not the total work hours on the machine.

I am looking for the info because I bought the machine as new but I am sure it is a used machine!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to read machine hours on ResMed S9
(12-08-2012, 01:35 AM)bobschurst Wrote: Does anyone know how to read the hours of total usage on the ResMed S9?

I know how to enter the clinician menu but don't see the info there.
I see where you can see how many hours the patient used the machine and how you can reset that to 0, but not the total work hours on the machine.

I am looking for the info because I bought the machine as new but I am sure it is a used machine!

The term is "Run hours." You don't even have to go into the clinician's menu, it's in the advanced info menu available to the patient.

Press both info and setup buttons and hold.

One click to the right to get "sleep report."

Press the knob to enter sleep report.

Turn knob to the right until you see "run hours."

You can also get into this menu by pressing info when under the clinician's menu.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks archangel,

Under sleep report on my machine there is no "run hours" but it does have a "Used Hrs" which says 0.0hrs

Two more clicks of the knob gives me a SERVICE screen that does list "Run Hrs" 1,
also there is a "RID'' 100 Whatever that is?

On my REsMed S8 in the clinicans menu under:
Servecing:
Run Hrs 17,386
BR 19,200 Whatever this is ?
Usage Data:
Used Hrs 8

Note I erased the data on my S8 because it became difficult to use it It was like I was fighting the machine to breath. Since I erased old data the machine works for me again!

I am sure theS9 machine is used 1) it does not have the new plastic smell- the humidifier does smell of plastic 2) it has a property of bar code sticker on it and the humidifer has no property sticker. 3) the S9 machine has a plastic reorder supply sticker that is so worn out the company name and phone number are not readable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2012, 04:35 AM)bobschurst Wrote: Under sleep report on my machine there is no "run hours" but it does have a "Used Hrs" which says 0.0hrs

Apparently, the location of run hours varies depending on the firmware.

Interesting that ResMed apparently refurbs machines and resets the run hours. hmmmm.... Or maybe there's a secret way to reset run hours that we don't know about? Do you think it's a factory refurb or a sketchy seller? Official ResMed dealer, or what?

BTW, what model machine do you have?

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
So that's where it is!

Thanks Archangel. I've looked for it several times. I didn't know about holding those two buttons down. The sleep quality report is quite detailed, much more so than the other sleep quality report from just hitting the info button.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bobschurst, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Archangel

I have been useing the ResMed S8 with the breeze mask for 6 years. The S8 start stop button is malfunctioning ( I can use the start stop function by breathing so dont really need the button anyway)The heated humidifer has a mind of its own and mostly doesnt work heat wise, but I get some humidity without heat.
I think the alogrythm was off because it became hard to breath but when I cleared all the data it seems to recognize my breathing pattern again and is easy to breath with it.
So I can get by with the S8 but have read the S9 is really super so I thought it would be smart to get it while I still had 2 health insurance companys.

I just got the ResMed S9 from a durable medical supplier. I have not used the S9 yet because of the many red flags I noticed from the supplier. I also noticed the heated hose did not have the new plastic smell. Anyway the DMS said both were new but since I did not think so they are going to send me new equipment. They also said I could keep the old heated hose! They told me I could also keep the Swift LT mask. ( At first I told them to bring the mask my Dr. ordered the Swift FX - they said they would but I would have to pay for it because the home educator had opened the package so I could not return the LT . I told them the home educator said she brought that mask because it was the closest mask to the one my Dr. ordered).I told them to bring the right mask and that I wasnt paying for the Swift LT - they said OK! Suprised they would say to keep the LT it kinda makes me think I am going to get blindsided in some way from this outfit.
They also said this time they would send a respitory therapist (not a home educator) out to set up my machine and adjust my mask. Somehow I dont think a respitory therapist would grab the closest mask to the one ordered by the sleep Dr. and think it is OK.

I also told the DMS this time to bring the correct information on how much the machine costs and what my insurance covers. The girl that brought the machine said I did not owe anything but when I call the DMS I can get no info on the machine cost or what my insurance pays. A red flag for me is the total cost on the work order is $789.20 allot less than I would pay at a good online CPAP store for the S8,humidifer,heated hose and mask. So I am thinking that since they listed the cost of CPAP at $150.00 it is either very used or this is a lead in to the monthly rental fee of which they have not mentioned anything.The work order listed $384.44 for the humidifier included W/Unit so I am thinking it smells new and the price looks like new on the humidifer.

Anyway I have given you a glimps of what is going on!

I do hope I am not being unreasonable with the medical supplier- it looks by the menue that this is a new machine but I know what my nose smells and my eyes see = a very wornout plastic sticker ( advising a number to call for medical supplies). A worn out sticker on a new machine ???

Agree with Paula02, sure is nice to know about the detailed sleep report buttons- Thanks!

Have been learing allot by reading posts from other members- awesome.

Sorry for so much yakaty yak - lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 284 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 249 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 470 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.