Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] I may have UARS
I may have UARS
My machine is not working well. I have been on Autopap for 6 days new. My pressures are 6-16 and I may up it to 20. I feel horribly bad every morning.  My RDI is In the Servere range. But I read a medical article on a patient that has UARS and when his patient was on her stomach she had no RDI or Apneas? Hmmmm and I only had 1 apnea non supine with high RDIs. I don't know what to do!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I may have UARS
See the top of the page to find link to OSCAR. If you download it and your data to it then you can upload a screen shot to see how treatment is going. You have already started treatment and are on the right path all you need to do now is check data to see if it appears to be helping.

Your AHI was over 5 so in theory you have mild sleep apnea not UARS.

Both your RDI and AHI are reduced when not in supine sleeping position. That is fairly common but most people can't only sleep on your sides. Your APAP will likely already be treating a lot of these apnea and RERA's that were noticed in your sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I may have UARS
For most UARS, generally associated with inspiratory flow limitation, pressure support (difference inhale and exhale pressures) seems to be an important component of therapy. Pressure support is provided by bilevel machines, the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, but not the Philips Respironics CPAP. You got the Dreamstation 1 which was recalled due to acoustic foam failing in many units http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...TION-USERS If you are upset that the machine you received is subject to this sudden discontinuation, and certainly saved the supplier a lot of money, try to return it and get a Resmed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 910 1 hour ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 151 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 54 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 610 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 77 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.