Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] In OSCAR....What is the difference OBSTRUCTIVE AIRWAY " OA" vs HYPOPNEA "H"
RE: In OSCAR....What is the difference OBSTRUCTIVE AIRWAY " OA" vs HYPOPNEA "H"
I posted a similar question, but it hasn't appeared.

I have had issues that are totally related to hypopneas. The worst was a few weeks ago when hypopneas accounted for ALL of my breathing issues. AHI was 29. 

I'm having the typical, not treated, apnea issues.

Compounding all of this, although it has gone from bad to worse. Last two months I went from 240 to 200, with the intention of getting to 190, or 185. Additionally, on October 8th, I was diagnosed with diabetes. 

My setting for months has been 8.5/15. 

I use a Dreamwear mask, and it always seems to have leaks. Any suggestions on what to check to try to reduce the leaks? I'm a side sleeper. 

Over the last 4.5 years, even when I had another mask that I found extremely uncomfortable, hypopneas have always been the issue.

Suggestion on where to start?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dogjudge,
There are so many people that can help you if you can post results from OSCAR. I really like the program. However, I don't have much skill yet using it.  The feature I like the most is that answers here provide me with answers about my treatment, and help me make changes. Consider starting a new thread showing your results and ask for help in that thread.

I had 3? Dreamwear masks. I found that after I moved onto  my side they leaked. They worked fine if I could stay on my back. However, I'm a restless sleeper.
I also developed a "bump" under my nostril. It had to be surgically removed. I wonder if that was because of my useo of Wisp and Dreamwear masks ?
Dave
Toronto

(12-02-2019, 12:33 PM)Dogjudge Wrote: I posted a similar question, but it hasn't appeared.

I have had issues that are totally related to hypopneas. The worst was a few weeks ago when hypopneas accounted for ALL of my breathing issues. AHI was 29. 

I'm having the typical, not treated, apnea issues.

Compounding all of this, although it has gone from bad to worse. Last two months I went from 240 to 200, with the intention of getting to 190, or 185. Additionally, on October 8th, I was diagnosed with diabetes. 

My setting for months has been 8.5/15. 

I use a Dreamwear mask, and it always seems to have leaks. Any suggestions on what to check to try to reduce the leaks? I'm a side sleeper. 

Over the last 4.5 years, even when I had another mask that I found extremely uncomfortable, hypopneas have always been the issue.

Suggestion on where to start?

Thanks.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Dogjudge,

Not sure why you didn't see the response to your last post. Opal Rose responded with the suggestion that you post one or more OSCAR daily charts. I recommend the same. It's hard to give meaningful advice without more data. Please don't think you're being ignored.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
DogJudge your original post is here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eas--27199
Post Reply Post Reply

This is what I'm referring to.

Hypopneas, from my perspective are driving my AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
To make a serious attack on your hypopneas you will need a BiLevel to raise your pressure support and reduce your hypopneas and increase your Central Apneas.
to reduce your centrals (and raise your hypopneas) set Flex = 0.

That is my best guess until you set Flex = 0 for a night and see what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much.

Fingers crossed.

I'll set it to zero tonight and report tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,406 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 123 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Clear airway Bullabill 3 237 03-12-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 273 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.