Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] In need of help interpreting OSCAR data
In need of help interpreting OSCAR data
Hi everyone,
New user here, had heard great things about this board.
I've been struggling with sleep quality for the last while; waking up feeling "drunk", daytime sleepiness, some instances of being woken up by my headgear/mask.

Some info:
  • Been using the F&P Brevida for the last 2-3mo, was using F&P Vitera previously (diagnosed in 2020)
  • Due to being a smaller Asian woman, it has been impossible to find a mask that will fit my facial structure; I tried on every mask in the local stores, and am not in a financial position where I can buy/exchange masks in Canada (plus, many companies allow exchanges only with unopened items, go figure.)
  • Extremely healthy, I exercise every day, and am taking Buproprion/Wellbutrin SR 100mg + 15mg dexedrine upon waking (6-7am.)
  • Going off of my tricyclic antidepressant + Buproprion/Wellbutrin improved my sleep, but due to relapse, I am now back on the Buproprion, which can affect REM Sleep.
  • I am on the waiting list for a polysomnography, for I shouldn't be having CA events, as it seems to be prevalent in people with heart failure/opioid usage
  • I had orthognatic (double jaw) surgery last year which resolved my OSA, but I am still experiencing apnea symptoms, and note a lot of CA events in my OSCAR data.
  • The Brevida seems to slip out of my nostrils from time to time but the larger size physically hurts my face, and I've yet to find a CPAP pillow my neck doesn't hate.

The last week or so, my sleep quality has taken a dive once more, and I am feeling the "waking up with racing heart/sense of drunkenness" and physical/cognitive inertia that plagued me from November '22 to February '23, and thus I turn to this board for guidance.

I've attached some of the OSCAR charts, and if I need to upload different images, let me know; I followed the posting guide as best as I can.

Thank you in advance Smile
(Note: I am unable to post images until I've made four posts, so I've attached images instead)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In need of help interpreting OSCAR data
What I see are large flow limits (flow limit chart).  Flow limits are apnea just the same as O and H events.  To control Flow limits we use EPR (exhale pressure relief).  You have yours turned off.

I would suggest you try this and see if it helps, you can always go back to your old settings.

Max 7
Min 4
EPR set to full time 
EPR 3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In need of help interpreting OSCAR data
Thank you so much! I’ll try this tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.