Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Introduction
RE: Introduction
Not too bad. The collar needs to support the jaw, but not impinge on your throat or the soft tissue behind your chin, Snores are a result of obstructive airway resistance, and is usually closely associated with flow limitation. Your AHI of 4 is not particularly alarming compared to previous results, but just a reminder you are very sensitive to optimizing the position of the collar you are using.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-04-2021, 10:28 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Not too bad. The collar needs to support the jaw, but not impinge on your throat or the soft tissue behind  your chin,  Snores are a result of obstructive airway resistance, and is usually closely associated with flow limitation.  Your AHI of 4 is not particularly alarming compared to previous results, but just a reminder you are very sensitive to optimizing the position of the collar you are using.

I have a Dr Dakota chin support coming that looks like it might be more comfortable.

I know that as long as I am under I am 'treated' but I prefer as low as possible especially as I know it's possible to have just under 1 or just over 1 on 3-4 consecutive nights is possible.

Had the Dr conversation. The CHF outlook is not good but I am not showing any obvious symptoms and am still able to swim very well. She told me how it will worsen but it may be very slow.
I have been wondering why Oscar reports 'sessions'. I now realise they correspond with what Dreammapper calls Total Disconnects.

I was 4.2 last night over 11:44 hrs. Yes I slept a long time. It was not unbroken sleep, the longest of 5 wakes was 8 mins when I imagine I peed. The other 4-1 min wakes were dues to the dogs. Luque is definitely senile but it seems like his daughter is now behaving oddly. She will sit up and bark for no apparent reason. Going to try sleeping them both downstairs, loose, tonight. I think he may not make a fuss for more than a few minutes but she won't at all.

I also note that Oscar reports CA and OA very differently from DM. It says 1.25 CA and 2. something and I have been thinking my apneas were low and wondering why my report AHI number was so high when I'd only had 3 episodes!

I did not have the collar right last night. Far too tight. It eventually woke me. I took it off and tried again, putting the microfibre on first and then the collar as loose as possible. It worked well. Will try that again tonight.

I wish I had not adjusted the Res F30 at all from when it arrived because it worked str8 off. Now I have to fart about with it for ages to get a comfortable fit. Last night I had the top bit too tight as my head was sore! I spent some time when I awoke making adjustments, testing with the 'check mask fit' stopping when the mask fit was fine and was much looser. Again will not know until I have a proper sleep tonight.

I realise my long writing is probably a bore but it helps me sort of head out.
kind regards
I felt very uncomfortable sleeping in my normal position last night. After a couple of hours I returned to sleeping my side but I left the collar on. It took some adjusting of the mask and couldn't really get a comfy fit.

I had thought my right jaw was swollen where there is a bunch of back teeth on the bottom jaw. John wasn't certain. Well, I had appt today to carry on with extractions but it wasn't be be. That swelling and occasional discomfort is caused by an abscess. No wonder the collar was causing me discomfort. So am on antibiotics and next week I'll have another 3 extractions.

Apart from up feeling afraid around 3:30am and thinking about my CHF diagnosis settled into sleep. 8hrs 58min with an AHI of 1.7.

Off to bed now. 

kindest regards
I could have sworn I wrote this earlier. I know I did. Perhaps I forgot to post it.

I slept 11 hrs with AHI 0.5 and a further 37m with AHI 0.

I slept the part of the night on my side with collar but pain forced me back to astronaut position.

I had an overload of carbs as my last meal. I don't know if I said before, but this always gives me a long sleep, with no getting up for pee, and a very low AHI. It has something to do with Tryptophan but do not understand it. It also leaves me sedated fro the rest of the day after. I cannot do this because I will gain. weight hence not doing it very often.

I am pleased to say that my consultant listened to me and my own study and he is sending out a Phillips Auto CPAP. I know it is not preferred by some but it is the model the Royal Papworth chooses. If it is good enough for one of the world's most renowned hospitals, that's fine with me. The price difference is negligence for me to buy this or the ResMed one. So it would be the same for them. Of course I do not have to pay a penny. I said no to humidifier as I don't get so dry anymore and I would also be more prone to chest infections given the COPD, Asthma and CHF.

Ther Dr Dakota collar has arrived. I shall use it tonight. I have of course already had it on and it is much more comfortable than the one I had been using.

kind regards
You have made amazing progress. Keep up the good work. The reason I like Resmed is that we can configure limited bilevel treatment that I think would be better, but you are the person using this, and I will defer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi Sleeprider,

Had a fantastic night last night. I slept in my usual astronaut position but with back sloping backwards more than I used to-bolt upright. 

The Dr Dakota chin rest is excellent. Comfortable, no pain at back, easy to put on, don't have it so tight it chokes. No, just a nice comfortable fit. MY chin rested on the collar, memory foam, and stayed there. I was able to loosen straps on RM F30.

My AHI was 2.71. 

I am back to dreaming vividly as I have done all of my life except for the May 2014 to Sept 7th 2019 when I have a memory loss due to severe trauma. Even since September '19 my dreaming has not been normal. Now it is. 

kind regards
colin
Glad to hear all is working out and you got your sleep back. I think that is not a bad accomplishment considering where this started.

If you ever feel inspired to share your experience with the Dr Dakota Collar, your review would be appreciated in our reviews forum http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-O...ct-Reviews No one has reviewed that for Apnea Board yet.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

I feel somewhat disheartened this morning. My reading is not good at all. I have no idea why. I can seeb what the charts are saying but don't know why.

My collar was not at all tight. My mouth stayed closed so I had a normal mouth upon waking. 

Is it normal to just have bad nights sometimes? I had a painful day yesterday and I took more morphine but not after 7pm. Last night was my 3rd on antibiotics. Other than the AB my last lot of pills at night remains the same.

We just don't make judgements, good or bad, on the basis of a single night. It's important to watch trends. There will be days like this, particularly because you introduce many variables into your therapy, from sleeping position, the aids you use and your health issues. There is not much we can do about it except point out that it more likely than not that your results will return to be very good. Chin-up.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member - Introduction cramseur 3 636 02-18-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: cramseur
  Introduction - Started 09-29-2021 omalley576 9 1,184 11-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] New forum member introduction and questions Jadazu 7 1,038 05-18-2021, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Jadazu
  [CPAP] Introduction and 1 week in darrenk 7 1,105 12-30-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Introduction- and Journey melodyknit0375 74 6,951 12-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Knitman
  Introduction asheq 7 1,008 09-22-2020, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  NEWBIE Introduction! OldGoat58 2 751 09-07-2020, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.