Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Leaks in my OSCAR report
Leaks in my OSCAR report
Hi,

I've been using Dreamstation CPAP with Airfit P10 nasal pillows for a while (yes, I know about the recall), but recently found that I feel tired even after using CPAP virtually all the time, though API is very low (0.65 over the last month). This happened before when my mask or my hose were leaking, but this time I don't hear any obvious leaks.

Here's my OSCAR report for last night. I was awake between 1.30 and 4 am, and there were no leaks then, which seems to suggest in the best case everything is working well. But the leaks in the second half of the night seem to be high, so perhaps I am mouth-breathing?

After reading this forum, I ordered a neck collar, a mouth tape, and will get a full face mask, but figured I'd check for other ideas. Does anyone see any other issues with the OSCAR data?

Thanks,
Alex

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaks in my OSCAR report
Hi and welcome!

Those are definitely some significant and consistent leaks. I'm afraid I'm not that good at identifying mouth leaks yet, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out with that. If it is a mouth leak problem, then hopefully there are a number of things to try to resolve it, and you'll start feeling better again. If that doesn't resolve it, then there might be some other issues that are causing you to feel less than ideal, especially with such a low AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 245 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 143 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 109 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 174 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.