Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
Choosing the right one was always a huddle, This one will help for sure
Post Reply Post Reply
New person here. Can anyone tell me what differentiates the "for her" models? Is it a hardware/firmware thing specific to the machine, or perhaps settings that just aren't surfaced in the software of the other models? What exactly are the "comfort features" of the "for her" machines?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Please check the following thread on this exact subject: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid403382

Also, I have listed Resmed's description of the "For Her" setting. The AirSense 11 will have this feature in all the Autoset models.

Description: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid403382
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2021, 04:52 PM)Utah Desert Rat Wrote: New person here. Can anyone tell me what differentiates the "for her" models? Is it a hardware/firmware thing specific to the machine, or perhaps settings that just aren't surfaced in the software of the other models? What exactly are the "comfort features" of the "for her" machines?

Thanks!

As someone who uses one, the algorithm results in softer, less aggressive changes than the regular algorithm. The regular algorithm wakes me up during the night, but I still use it if I have a cold or other respiratory issue going on.  Specifically, it addresses an event with a slower response. Beyond that it reverts to the standard algorithm.  The slower response sometimes does not require as much pressure as a more aggressive response would. The For Her algorithm is only effective up to a pressure of 12 or so. The new Resmed 11 also has all 3 so there is no separate For Her model going forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
Beware, even knowing exactly what you want and being able to explain why doesn't always help. It's taken me almost four months to get my Resmed AirCurve 10 replaced correctly. The old one is just wearing out since I got it about three weeks after the model became available in the US. Since my pulmonologist had since retired I wasn't even able to bring my records with me when I went to a new sleep lab/clinic. 

From the beginning I've been very clear that I want a new machine like my old one (since I didn't know the new version would likely be out soon). I always said I had a Resmed AirCurve 10 auto, too. One person from the sleep lab even replied, "Oh, an AirSense 10" not really hearing what I'd said. I didn't think these machines were so unusual.

Anyway, when I was told the DME had my new machine ready I went in. They had a Phillips Dreamweaver (?) CPAP set up. I'd done a new sleep study at home, and the doctor apparently didn't read where I'd listed the settings on my old machine either because this had a singular setting of 9.0. I told the DME person it wasn't right and was told to call the doctor back. I did so, and the setting was at least changed after almost a week of minimal good sleep so it was closer to what I need at most, but I still wasn't comfortable. 

Back on the phone... I reminded the nurse that I had been using an AirCurve auto and the Phillips was finally set as an auto CPAP. That helped some, but the machine is bigger (not smaller as I'd been told) and louder. My settings weren't really right either after five years of an auto biped. We went around again and I even had an appointment with the doctor before I was prescribed the correct model. Guess what?! The DME had no Bipaps in stock at all and mine had to be ordered. It was then delayed further because of the Phillips recalls. Bleah.

At least for the past week I've been sleeping better again.
Post Reply Post Reply
SO, I broke down and ordered an AirSense 10 AutoSet with HumidAir from EasyBreath. The problem is I eventually should get a replacement DS2 as mine was recalled. Where can I sell that machine? If I ever get it! I have a stupid backup machine that has its own useless software that I can not decipher. (APEX XT). So having 3 machines is overkill...which one should I sell when the time comes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditch the DS2.... in an ocean somewhere!

Unless you can decrypt its data...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 buy slightly used machines. Give them a call and have the exact number oof hours run time on it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also try to sell it on craigslist.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 40 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Should I look for an ASV machine? Arik 2 83 03-26-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 312 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 634 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.