Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
RE: CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine
(10-04-2017, 05:14 PM)Anaja09 Wrote: She did hem and haw about the SD card saying that I would not need it right away. When I bothered to check when I arrived home, the device did not have one.

Call them immediately and report this. Whether or not it's needed is not the issue. The issue is it's missing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'am new here. I just had a sleep study at home using a monitor. Now I have to return to the hospital sleep lab to be instructed RE: a cpap machine. Can anyone tell me the best machine to ask for and does insurance usually pay for the machine?
Thanks in advance for your feed back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2017, 12:57 PM)pbartlett Wrote: I'am new here. I just had a sleep study at home using a monitor. Now I have to return to the hospital sleep lab to be instructed RE: a cpap machine. Can anyone tell me the best machine to ask for and does insurance usually pay for the machine?
Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Assuming you are prescribed CPAP, get the Resmed Airsense 10 autoset.  Insurance coverage depends on your coverage, co-pay and deductibles.  If the total cost of the machine to you exceeds the $440 that this machine, humidifier, climateline tube and filter costs on Amazon, you know what you should do, right?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The more I read on this board, the more I learn. After much troubles, the VA issued me a good Cpap (ResMed S9) but I have had a time getting the supplies. Went to my PCP requesting supplies for the machine I have, and they are going to set me up with a brand new machine and supplies. I told them I just needed supplies, but I guess we'll see what happens when they come out. Thanks for all the good info!
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a brand new Air Sense 10 on Amazon for $479.00 works great, I don't understand why you say don't buy on the net?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 11:13 AM)fxrdave Wrote: I bought a brand new Air Sense 10 on Amazon for $479.00 works great, I don't understand why you say don't buy on the net?

Not sure who you're replying to, but I think you got a great deal!  This forum does not take a position on where your should buy your CPAP, we just want to help you get the best results.  If you get a good deal, that's better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Someone wrote don't buy a machine on the net.
 I was replying to that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2017, 10:22 PM)fxrdave Wrote: Someone wrote don't buy a machine on the net.
 I was replying to that.

Sometimes a person will find that a CPAP machine is not right for them because it induces aerophagia or central apnea. To treat that, a more sophisticated machine is needed. If you use your insurance to buy your machine, you can then exchange it for an upgrade. If you bought it on the net you may be stuck with a machine you can't use.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2017, 12:13 PM)Sleepster Wrote: If you bought it on the net you may be stuck with a machine you can't use.

To me the bigger issue of buying from places like 3rd party sellers on Amazon is you may be stuck with a machine someone else can't use.

I'd be cautious of the provenance of machines sold by random people. Are they new? used? broken? infected?

That's just me. YMMV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be careful about that, too. I have bought several machines on craigslist, and even sold one. Craigslist is local and I live in a large metropolitan area so I can meet the seller in person and check the machine out for myself before I buy. I make sure I get the manual ahead of time and review the procedure for getting into the clinician's menu to check the number of run hours. I also consider myself to be at least a fair judge of character and can usually tell when someone is genuine or is instead trying to dupe me. I realize, though, that that's not fool proof, so I try to be very careful. So far I've done well. You do have to know the different models of the machines, though, so for that and other reasons I wouldn't recommend buying your first machine this way.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 5 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  drying out tubing with machine sleepingbetterinFl 4 243 04-20-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New Machine Higher AHI Hauty 6 190 04-19-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Hauty
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 343 04-18-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 207 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 355 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 189 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.